New Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

Drawmonster

2[H]4U
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/cykey.htm

cyborg_keyboard.jpg

* Multi-colour backlighting with Tru Vu illumination through keys (mix shades from Red through Amber to Green) and adjustable brightness
* Touch-sensitive, backlit dashboard control panel
* WASD, cursor, ‘Cyborg’ and NumPad keys can be lit independently from the rest of keyboard to highlight commonly used gaming keys
* Cyborg Mode – instantly disable the Windows keys and configure the colour and brightness of your gaming keys at the touch of a button
* Set and forget – persistent key illumination settings ensure colours remain even after a system reboot
* 12 programmable ‘Cyborg’ keys
* Hard wearing, metal-plated key caps in key gaming areas
* Pass-through USB, audio and microphone sockets
* Enhanced multiple key presses in gaming areas for complex in-game commands
* Adjustable wrist rest and keyboard rake angle (front and back)
* Gold-plated connectors for USB and Audio

Looks interesting. I like the metal capped keys in "gaming areas". Looks like you can get pretty much any color backlighting you want using the mixing ability. They should have added a screen like the G15, and they'd have been the top dog easily. Pricing and availability not know as of yet.

looks pretty sweet...

They should have added a screen like the G15

What is that even used for ?
I'm not being a smart ass either, I never looked into what you could use that little screen for...

looks pretty sweet...

What is that even used for ?
I'm not being a smart ass either, I never looked into what you could use that little screen for...
I currently use mine as a system monitor (memory and CPU usage, volume settings, network traffic, teamspeak monitor ) and as a display for winamp

if i actually had some games that supported it, id use it for that :p but i dont have WoW anymore, dont play CSS so dont have those plugins... and the UT3 demo isnt working on my computer...

I use it mainly for FRAPS. Shows my FPS and everything on the keyboard screen. I also use the cpu/mem monitor, the Teamspeak plugin that shows you who is talking, the WMP plugin that shows all the details of any music you are playing, and I use the timer/stopwatch quite a bit when I'm working out.

A lot of games have built in uses too. I've been playing Timeshift a lot and it supports the G15 (Rev 2) and shows your health and energy on the display. There is a plugin for BF2 that I use as well. There's tons of uses for it if you find the right plugin. Should be noted I have the new Rev2 G15, and not sure what the old G15 supports.

What the hell is that? I prefer sleek single colored looks like the Eclipse. Not something that looks like it came straight from a Japanese Robot Anime show.

Hmmmm. No thank you. I mean, it may have plenty of features, I bet, but the design just doesn't appeal to me. To be honest, it looks like a freaking rainbow with so much colors. I don't know, I think they over did it. And yes, the lack of a screen is another minus. BUT, I will still keep my eyes open for this one. Maybe it looks a lot better in person than in the picture, most things do, except for the person itself.(lol, inside joke.:p) But yeah, I will definitely won't give up on this one until I actually see it at a retail store. I mean, is not that bad, it actually looks awesome, but the green color there just ruined the whole thing since it feels out of place. If it has a feature to disable that light, or change it's color, I might consider it more. Plus, it has to be in a reasonable price range as well. Until then, G15 rev2, here I goooo!...

Yeah, it is ugly. Not as sexy as my G15. But I think it will appeal to a lot of people, just for the features.

What the hell is that? I prefer sleek single colored looks like the Eclipse. Not something that looks like it came straight from a Japanese Robot Anime show.

lol yeah the keybored does look kinda weird. I have a G15 but I like my Eclipse II. I never found a good use for the screen.. When I play games I look at the monitor not my keybored..

This thing reminds me of startrek and it also looks like its gonna be way too big. Like bigger than a G15 big.

Some nice features but first impression on that design is WTF?

I use it mainly for FRAPS. Shows my FPS and everything on the keyboard screen. I also use the cpu/mem monitor, the Teamspeak plugin that shows you who is talking, the WMP plugin that shows all the details of any music you are playing, and I use the timer/stopwatch quite a bit when I'm working out.

A lot of games have built in uses too. I've been playing Timeshift a lot and it supports the G15 (Rev 2) and shows your health and energy on the display. There is a plugin for BF2 that I use as well. There's tons of uses for it if you find the right plugin. Should be noted I have the new Rev2 G15, and not sure what the old G15 supports.

I think that the original G15 and G15 Rev 2 LCD displays are 100% compatiable. I have both and the G15 Rev 2 LCD software works with the the original G15. The only difference really in the keyboards besides aesthetics is that the G15 Rev 2 only have 1/3 the number of G keys. I actually like this display a lot and it looks like a lot of new games support it.

Back