New Router Recommendations

JohnRico

Limp Gawd
Heya fellow [H] forum goers. How go it? :O

So, current DLink DIR835 just shat the bucket. Just bamf! no worky. It's not accepting DCHP from the modem. Before we troubleshoot, don't worry. New cables, reset factory defaults, new firmware, isolated router... tried it all. It's clearly not working.

I had a DIR-628 that bamf'ed it's self. It worked great my in my old apartment. Then I moved, Comcast unplugged it when they hooked my service up again. (Those self-righteous jerks.) And it hasn't powered on since. Strangest thing.

Anyhoo, now that the prelims are over. Where do I go to from here? I would like at least 4 ethernet ports, and N-Wireless. Dual Channel would be spiffy. Budget is around $100.

What should I be looking at, and where? Brands to avoid beyond D-Link? (I dunno if i wanan invest in another D-Link after these two failures.)

Newegg is replacing the 835 with an RMA; still under warranty. But I am not too sure i wanna take the chances, and have a good solid backup. So this purchase is gonna be a next month kinda deal. No rush.

What'da say? ;)

Check out the consumer router thread, some great info in there.

I just picked up a TP-Link N750 for 70 bucks + 6.99 for a 2 year Microcenter plan.
Working great so far.
And the 2 year bring it in an we replace it is a nice bonus as I have never used a TP-Link product.

You can't go wrong with a Linksys. At least one of them fits your qualifications. Try the E2000 or E3000

Back