Unless somehow, all future software is magically optimized to get the most out of Hetergenous computing and Mantle, I dont see APU accomplishing anything in the enthusiast class. However in the mobile and HTPC markets these can rock out. Again I strongly believe in AMD as the only real competitor to Intel, and such a driving force for Intel to improve their future products. And i hope they do get better software support since I saw performance gains on the FX line after W8.
Questions for those who were there at the conference or during one of the live demos, did AMD demonstrate anything other than games and their amazing performance on one chip vs the 4770K? I wonder if these chips offer something new when it comes to single threaded performance or compute performance when compared to their Intel competition?
Questions for those who were there at the conference or during one of the live demos, did AMD demonstrate anything other than games and their amazing performance on one chip vs the 4770K? I wonder if these chips offer something new when it comes to single threaded performance or compute performance when compared to their Intel competition?