- Joined
- Dec 18, 2006
- Messages
- 602
Guys,
Thinking about dumping my current setup and building:
i7 - not sure which one yet
Triple Channel OCZ Reaper Ram OCZ DDR3 PC3-16000 12GB REAPER
EVGA X58 mobo for 3 way SLi
2 or 3 GTX 470's
Obsidian case - yeah the cool one with the awesome wire management full tower
WD Velociraptor HDD's - keeping ones I have
Dual Dell 30" Displays - keeping ones I have
1200W Power Supply
QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
All of the above
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I'm a rich bastard -- J/K lol.... so I don't have one
3) Where do you live?
Florida
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU - Memory - Motherboard - GPU and Power Supply
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Would be probably buying the new 1200W EVGA PSU - WD Velociraptor 300GB HDD x 2
6) Will you be overclocking?
Only if I can get to 3.6Ghz (4Ghz would be fantastic without WCing if possible) with a very stable OC
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Dual Dell 30" 3007wfp's
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Now
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
SLi
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 Ultimate - Yes
What do ya think?
Think my new Rig perf difference will be huge over my current?
DC
Thinking about dumping my current setup and building:
i7 - not sure which one yet
Triple Channel OCZ Reaper Ram OCZ DDR3 PC3-16000 12GB REAPER
EVGA X58 mobo for 3 way SLi
2 or 3 GTX 470's
Obsidian case - yeah the cool one with the awesome wire management full tower
WD Velociraptor HDD's - keeping ones I have
Dual Dell 30" Displays - keeping ones I have
1200W Power Supply
QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
All of the above
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I'm a rich bastard -- J/K lol.... so I don't have one
3) Where do you live?
Florida
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU - Memory - Motherboard - GPU and Power Supply
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Would be probably buying the new 1200W EVGA PSU - WD Velociraptor 300GB HDD x 2
6) Will you be overclocking?
Only if I can get to 3.6Ghz (4Ghz would be fantastic without WCing if possible) with a very stable OC
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Dual Dell 30" 3007wfp's
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Now
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
SLi
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 Ultimate - Yes
What do ya think?
DC
Last edited: