- Joined
- Sep 7, 2004
- Messages
- 4,961
So I've been wanting to switch to a smaller case ever since I moved into a new apartment and my PC is now in the living room. My current case is absolutely massive in this apartment, feels like its the center piece of the room lol. Current Case
Specs:
Core i7 6700K @ 4GHz
Thermalright AXP-100 MUSCLE Cooler
16GB Corsair 3000MHz 15-17-17-35 Ram
Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512GB
Samsung 840 Evo 1TB
Samsung 840 Evo 750GB
GTX Titan X - Waiting on GTX 1080 to arrive
Corsair SF600 Power Supply
Silverstone RVZ02 Case
All up and running, just waiting on the 1080 to come in, should be here on Thursday. The Titan X can actually run fairly well in this case, I let Unigine Valley run for 30 minutes @ 1440P and the card was at 1100MHz 83C. That was on the stock bios and me not changing anything in Afterburner. A quick change to the fan curve (70% max) and the card was hitting 1175Mhz @ 80C. If the 1080 can hold 1800Mhz boost I will be very happy. The 6700K during the 30 minutes of Valley hit 70C @ 4GHz. The Thermalright cooler barely fits lol, it is resting but not putting any pressure on the first ram stick.
At idle the system is dead quiet, it took me a few minutes to realize the system was actually on when I first booted it up. The CPU fan under load I can barely hear, the GPU fan is audible under load but thats why I have noise cancelling headphones.
The Thermalright cooler barely fits lol, it is resting but not putting any pressure on the first ram stick.
I plan to put the case behind my monitor eventually. That involves re-wiring everything and I'm going to a LAN party this weekend. I'll reorganize everything when I get back.
Specs:
Core i7 6700K @ 4GHz
Thermalright AXP-100 MUSCLE Cooler
16GB Corsair 3000MHz 15-17-17-35 Ram
Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512GB
Samsung 840 Evo 1TB
Samsung 840 Evo 750GB
GTX Titan X - Waiting on GTX 1080 to arrive
Corsair SF600 Power Supply
Silverstone RVZ02 Case
All up and running, just waiting on the 1080 to come in, should be here on Thursday. The Titan X can actually run fairly well in this case, I let Unigine Valley run for 30 minutes @ 1440P and the card was at 1100MHz 83C. That was on the stock bios and me not changing anything in Afterburner. A quick change to the fan curve (70% max) and the card was hitting 1175Mhz @ 80C. If the 1080 can hold 1800Mhz boost I will be very happy. The 6700K during the 30 minutes of Valley hit 70C @ 4GHz. The Thermalright cooler barely fits lol, it is resting but not putting any pressure on the first ram stick.
At idle the system is dead quiet, it took me a few minutes to realize the system was actually on when I first booted it up. The CPU fan under load I can barely hear, the GPU fan is audible under load but thats why I have noise cancelling headphones.
The Thermalright cooler barely fits lol, it is resting but not putting any pressure on the first ram stick.
I plan to put the case behind my monitor eventually. That involves re-wiring everything and I'm going to a LAN party this weekend. I'll reorganize everything when I get back.