• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New rig: PSU whining under load

Shava

Gawd
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
762
So I've been playing with computers for a while (10 years) and I've never had a component that whined like my new rig does.

old style antec 900 case
i5-4670k @ 3.8 w/ hyper 212 evo
evga gtx760SC w/ acx cooler
onboard creative recon3d sound
gigabyte g1.sniper z87 board

I tried a Corsair CX750m which had a HORRIBLE whine/noise under any load other than windows desktop, I just purchased an Antec HCG-620m (seasonic oem) and the noise is still there, and I can hear it on my headphones/speakers and psychically coming out of the computer case.

I originally built this rig with my old Thermaltake Toughpower 700w PSU (4 years old, CWT OEM) and there was NO noise.

I have every power saving option OFF in the bios and I enabled ERP as seasonic has recommended and the noise is still there, should I just stick with this old thermaltake? I still have 3 weeks to decide if I'm just going to start RMA'ing everything.
 
my seasonic g series did whine while i had my 760 overclocked. i put it at stock clocks because of heat issues and it didnt whine anymore. try to put the clocks for the cpu and gpu at stock if theyre not and see if its still there.
 
Seasonics tend to be more notorious for coil whine than any other OEM. Most companies will allow you to RMA due to coil whine.
 
Funny... My Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W whines like it is about to blow. Especially in 3DMark but in games too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvwBPAOKruk&hd=1

I'm wondering wether or not I should RMA it or just buy new one. I don't have spare PSU. With old mobo this whined when PC was off.
 
Back
Top