New rig problems

hijynx54

Limp Gawd
I just built my new rig 2 days ago. Everything was going ok, but for some reason my comp would not post sometimes, usually after it had been moved a lot. I would open it up replug some wires and it would be fine. So figured was nothing serious.

Today I had my comp on since last night, everything was fine, then just a few hours ago I was playing with some software my asus a8n sli deluxe came with. Something booster, I think AI. I was testing some features on it, and noticed it had some overclocking features. Pushed my AMD 3700 san diego core to 2.4 gigz from 2.2, all I did was move the % from 100 to 110. No big deal. The Mhz displayer it had went up. Then saw something called Nos so figured I would try just enabling it see what it did. I did, comp frooze up, could not move mouse, nada.

So I restarted it. when I went to, got same posting problem I got yesterday. Where everything powered up, fans spinned, everything was good, just nothing was coming up on moniter. Figured something may have came loose, so went to replug shit...30 min later...nada. Then I went more advanced, tried some experiments like taking out IDE cables and running stuff, redoing all my wires etc. Nada...

Now unsure what to do. Did that program possibly mess something up? Am I missing something? Also if it helps usually when my comp runs after not posting ram will light up, its XMS with LEDs (if it does not run it will stay with lights off while my case lightning, fan controlling panels, fans spin, etc runs). Also everything sounds fine when I turn it on (Hardrive especially).

So now I am beat, anyone have any ideas?

Appreciate any input. Thanks.

P.S rig is
lian li case
amd 3700 san diego
2 gigs corsair xms
asus a8n sli deluxe
bfg 7800gtx
onboard audio
raptor hd with 320gig WD storage
dvd rom/burner and floppy drive
some fan controllers/front panels

Might need to reset cmos, possibly you set something too high.

Any beeps at all? If you don't get any beeps, It's probably cpu clocked too high. Usually I would think that cmos would work, try taking out the battery and waiting half hour? I have no experience with that board tho.

Nah no beeps, but I only OCed 2.2 gigz to 2.4 gigz. So can't imagine it was too bad, especially cause was preset amounts by the assu program. But started when I enabled the NOS (nondelay overclocking system) that is when it froze. Was fine after going from 2.2 to 2.4.

Keep in mind I had this same problem before program, but could it have absosorbated it or something? Anyone got any more ideas?

Letting cmos clear overnight has worked for me when nothing else would.

You learned an important lesson, tho. Don't trust software OC'ing utilites :D

If you had the same problem before, how did you fix it the first time?

Oh, what Power supply?

antec true power 2 550w

to fix it before would just replug my sata and ide cables.

To reset cmos I move it from left 2 pins, to right 2 pins and then back, right? Just making sure I did right.

Assuming I can't get my stuff up and running, do I need a new cpu?

Back