Hey guys.
My cousin is going to rebuild and mod his current alienware. He is gonna buy some upgraded parts, with a new case, and attempt to overclock it as well.
Right now here is what we're planning on doing:
CPU - Intel P4 3.0
CPU HS/F - Zalman 7000-AlCu
Mobo - Abit IC7 MAX 3
PSU - ULTRA Xconnect 500wt.
VGA - GeForce 5950 Ultra
VGA Cooling - Need advice
Case Fans - 5 x Coolmax Blue LED fans (I have them, I love them. Their quiet, and run the system cool.)
North.South Bridge Cooling - Need Advice
Ram - 1 gig of ram
Case - Not positive yet. Would like a full tower. Thinking of the Chenming.
So how does that sound? I would like suggestions on the VGA cooler. I would like to get a Zalman product, but not sure which heat pipe to get. Or is there better ones then Zalman?
What about the North.South bridge cooling? IS it needed? Would hte Zalman heatsinks work fine? Or do I need a HS/f? I do plan to OC the CPU and GPU.
Do you guys have any recommendations for cases? I'm kind of blank here
Lastly, how do you think this system will handle OCing? We already decided NO water cooling. What are your predictions on how high I could get the CPU and GPU up to?
Thanks guys.
Jnick
My cousin is going to rebuild and mod his current alienware. He is gonna buy some upgraded parts, with a new case, and attempt to overclock it as well.
Right now here is what we're planning on doing:
CPU - Intel P4 3.0
CPU HS/F - Zalman 7000-AlCu
Mobo - Abit IC7 MAX 3
PSU - ULTRA Xconnect 500wt.
VGA - GeForce 5950 Ultra
VGA Cooling - Need advice
Case Fans - 5 x Coolmax Blue LED fans (I have them, I love them. Their quiet, and run the system cool.)
North.South Bridge Cooling - Need Advice
Ram - 1 gig of ram
Case - Not positive yet. Would like a full tower. Thinking of the Chenming.
So how does that sound? I would like suggestions on the VGA cooler. I would like to get a Zalman product, but not sure which heat pipe to get. Or is there better ones then Zalman?
What about the North.South bridge cooling? IS it needed? Would hte Zalman heatsinks work fine? Or do I need a HS/f? I do plan to OC the CPU and GPU.
Do you guys have any recommendations for cases? I'm kind of blank here
Lastly, how do you think this system will handle OCing? We already decided NO water cooling. What are your predictions on how high I could get the CPU and GPU up to?
Thanks guys.
Jnick