new rig... let me know what you think.

roper512

Limp Gawd
So I just ordered all the parts for my new rig. Let me know what you think. I will be posting pics of the build and such when it all comes in..

Chassis: Silverstone TJ-09 (black, no window)
Motherboard: eVGA 680i (new A1 revision)
Processor: Intel Conroe e6600
PSU: Silverstone OP1000
Video: 8800GTX
Memory: G.Skill 2GB (1gbx2) PC2 6400 DDR2-800
Hard Drive 1: Raptor 150gb
Hard Drive 2: Hitachi Deskstar E7K500 500gb
Sound: Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeGamer
Monitor: Dell 3007fpw 30"

CPU Heatsink: Thermalright Ultra-120
CPU Fan: Scythe S-Flex E (1200rpm)
CPU Thermal: Arctic Silver 5

Case Fans: 4x Scythe S-Flex E (1200rpm)

Keyboard: Enermax Aurora (black)
Mouse: Logitech G5
Mousepad: Funcpad Archetype (MBA edition)

I do not plan on overclocking the CPU to the max, but to a comfortable level (3.2-3.4ghz).. The video card I currently have and am waiting for the nvidia refresh or next generation cards to go SLI.. Raptor 150 is also in my current rig. One thing I always have a hard time finding is a nice, simple, clean keyboard that doesn't feel like a piece of junk.. I think I finally found one! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823102003

Also, I've been having a hard time finding a good headset.. A couple good ones out there, but seems like they're all hit or miss in some ways.. Has anyone tried the new Sennheiser PC161?

I'm super excited about this build.. It's been many years since I've been this stoked about putting together a new machine.

Thanks for looking!

sideview_case_medres.jpg

topview_medres.jpg

Stuff not displayed in pics (8800GTX eVGA, 30" Dell, 150gig raptor... all currently in use :))

added a couple pics of most of the parts used in this build :) Going to be putting it together tomorrow or saturday morning :)

Great Build I have been doing some research on RAID performance and the Raptor and have found that if performance is the most important but you can not afford 2 Raptors to RAID it is better to RAID 2 7400RPM drives. You still get better performance than a single 10k drive.

"Great Skill in Memory World!!"

lol

Yep, that's G.Skill for you. Gigabyte isn't much better with their grammar either.

Anyways, good luck with the build, hope no pieces are DOA. Let us know how it works out.:cool:

added a couple pics of most of the parts used in this build :) Going to be putting it together tomorrow or saturday morning :)

I can't believe you've managed to hold off building if for 3 days; if it were me it'd be setup straight away!

The parts list is pretty much identical to what i have in mind building later this year. I'm interested to see how that PSU works out for you, because it seems like the only one that fits the bill for me.

Another thing, what do you think of that case? I'm either going to get that, the CM Stacker Evolution or the Thermaltake Armor w/ 25cm side fan.

One more thing, i promise! ;)
Can you tell me how the Thermalright Ultra-120 is and how easy it is to mount on the motherboard; chances are i'll get that, too.

Thank you in advance, and best of luck- 'hope it all works! :D

Thanks to everyone for your comments :)

mansize - I know, it's gonna be tough not to put it together for a couple days.. I have some other things going on late this week that prohibits me from spending the time I want on getting it set up perfectly.

The case at first glance is awesome.. Very well constructed, solid.. I will let you know more about details when I've pieced it together

I'm not 100% sure about the ultra-120 yet but from what I heard it can be a bit hard to install.. I hope it's not too bad :) I'll let you know. One thing I can tell you is that there is a new one .. The Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme or whatever.. I would have gotton that but unfortunately it was not released to retail when I wanted to put it together.

Back