new rig , anything wrong with this setup ?

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail

Why not Xtra Low Latency? :)

NEC 8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW Drive, Model ND-2510A SILVER, OEM

For some reason, I'd pick another brand. Lite-On? Perhaps a 12X one?

Seagate 160GB Barracuda 7200.7 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model ST3160023AS, OEM

Is this a gaming PC? I'd go for Raptors then-- if size werent such a big concern. Otherwise go for this...

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-203&depa=1

You'd save $14 dollars if you 2x this compared to the Seagate.

-J.
 
GeForceX said:
NEC 8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW Drive, Model ND-2510A SILVER, OEM

For some reason, I'd pick another brand. Lite-On? Perhaps a 12X one?

-J.

Someone didn't read the review on the 12x Lite-On :)


Get the NEC
 
I'd get a single 74gb raptor but that's just me. If not that, I'd get a hitachi 160gb sata over the seagate. In all honesty though, you can't go wrong with either one :)

My biggest thumbs down goes to the case.... kinda boring don't you think?
 
hey , thanx for the replies ...

im not into case design , just want function , and that case seemed like a good deal and had everything i wanted ... :) ...

im really tempted to try a raptor but for now i think i am going to stick with the 7200 spin drives and maybe upgrade later , will be easy enough to sell one of the seagates to a friend or throw one in my other machine ... went with the seagates for the extra 2 year warranty , i just like the idea that they have gone to 5 year and want to support that ...

i'm going to check out the ram you mentioned geforcex , thanks for the tip ...

probably ordering later today and who knows i might actually be able to get my video card by christmas ... :/ ... hehe , anyone got any inside scoop on when 6800gt's and x800 pros are going to be back in stock ? anyone have a link to info or an oipinion on which of those two cards to get ? im still on the fence regarding that final piece of the puzzle ...

thanx ! ... :) ...
 
NEC 8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW Drive, Model ND-2510A SILVER, OEM

I have one of those, they work just as well as lite-on or pioneer, I have a pioneer dvd burner too, and it works great. The nec is fine.
 
Back
Top