New RAID0 setup is sllooowww!!

Warrior

[H]F Junkie
Okay, so I just setup a WD Green RAID0 on the Jmicron controller on my Motherboard.(specs in sig) Something that i have been wanting to do for a long time. And I want to transfer some data from my other drives, which aren't on the controller, to the new RAID setup, but the transfer rates are between 2MB/s and 10MB/s and IF it at 10MB/s is probably going to get slower... BUT, here the interesting part, when i bench the RAID with HDTune, it averages 110MB/s! Its strange! If I transfer between drives on the other controller, everything is fine and it goes about 60-70MB/s, no problem. And if the same files go to the RAID, it just goes dog slow. I've done everything i can think of. Killed the RAID, reformat, current JMicron drivers installed... Nothing seems to speed these transfers up...

And the performance hit this causes can really be seen, because i wanted to use this RAID setup as my Game install drive for a few games for shits and giggles. After i installed Crysis, I can feel every little glitch when a sound file needed to be loaded... But, the map seem to have loaded fast... And if I want to install the patches for Crysis from another drive, fuck me sideways, that requires all sorts of transferring between drives for temp files and such and practically kills the update for 10mins, and after i forget im installing a patch, it comes out of nowhere and starts installing... SHEESH!

Does anyone have any experience in working with the Jmicron Controller for RAID purposes? Its like this controller is having a hard time communicating with the 'Bridges'...Any ideas? This is just nuts to me...

(deep breath).... *sigh*

I think i may have figured it out... and it makes a lot of sense... I broke the raid, and decided to transfer from each drive, and low and behold, one drive transfers fine, and the other drive blows chunks... and now i see the Failed SMART Tests...

Back