I just upgraded my video card to a 4850 and I have nothing but problems with it. I have two distinctive problems which are as follows:
I get graphical corruption in games regardless of the settings used / clocks used (including stock clocks). Temps never go over 75c load
The second is a high pitched audio sound coming through my speakers when running atitool and just before a game artifacts.
I have tried the following:
Reverting to stock gpu/cpu clocks
Underclocking card by 200/300
Reinstalling drivers (driver cleaner/sweeper was used)
Removing audio card (creative audigy platinum)
Switching PCI-E slots
System Specs:
Intel Xeon x3220
Crucial Ballistix PC 8500 5-5-5-15
Radeon 4850
Corsair TX750W
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Windows XP
Above is a screen shot of what my graphical corruption looks like. I should also note that when this happens, the high pitched audio sound is present. If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.
I get graphical corruption in games regardless of the settings used / clocks used (including stock clocks). Temps never go over 75c load
The second is a high pitched audio sound coming through my speakers when running atitool and just before a game artifacts.
I have tried the following:
Reverting to stock gpu/cpu clocks
Underclocking card by 200/300
Reinstalling drivers (driver cleaner/sweeper was used)
Removing audio card (creative audigy platinum)
Switching PCI-E slots
System Specs:
Intel Xeon x3220
Crucial Ballistix PC 8500 5-5-5-15
Radeon 4850
Corsair TX750W
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Windows XP
Above is a screen shot of what my graphical corruption looks like. I should also note that when this happens, the high pitched audio sound is present. If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.