• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

new q9550 temps

Those are fine with the stock fan at stock speed. I actually had 75C temps under full load with my Q9550 before I replaced the fan with a AC freezer pro which cut 20C off idle and full load.

Also remember that the max temp is 100C and anything less than 90C should be nothing to worry about.
 
I can't comment on the stock cooler, but with the cooler in my sig I have:
39, 32, 32, 35

I'm guessing higher than that is legitimate for the stock cooler!
 
I am getting nearly idle temps of the following at the moment:

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0: +52.0 C (high = +76.0 C, crit = +100.0 C)

coretemp-isa-0001
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 1: +49.0 C (high = +76.0 C, crit = +100.0 C)

coretemp-isa-0002
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 2: +49.0 C (high = +76.0 C, crit = +100.0 C)

coretemp-isa-0003
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 3: +37.0 C (high = +76.0 C, crit = +100.0 C)


I said nearly idle because although my frequency says 2.0GHz I am recording the some HD programming and obviously browsing the web..

I am not sure what the room temp is but it feels a little warm however.
 
perhaps my HSF isnt instaled properly, i bought some thermal stuff the [H] reviewed as being better than tx2 and as5, so thats not the issue.
 
One thing else may be at play. On my system I have the CPU Q-FAN control enabled so the CPU fan runs at ~900 RPM unless at idle and automatically increases the speed as the CPU gets warm. On my system this does not seem to increase the speed unless the cores are at least 55C.
 
perhaps my HSF isnt instaled properly, i bought some thermal stuff the [H] reviewed as being better than tx2 and as5, so thats not the issue.
Doesn't make a difference. Your temps are more than fine. My Q9550 is currently running at 75C on its hottest core, and it's been running at this level for a very long time with no ill effects.
 
Doesn't make a difference. Your temps are more than fine. My Q9550 is currently running at 75C on its hottest core, and it's been running at this level for a very long time with no ill effects.

I agree with that. The temps the the OP posted are low to normal for an Intel processor.
 
What's your ambient temp? There seems to be a pretty big spead between your highest and lowest core temp, are all 4 cores loaded? My Q9550 sees maybe 6C max difference under load. Not that 60C is anything to worry about, but you could try reseating your HSF...it might drop the temp down on your two hottest cores.
 
Back
Top