New PSU Suggestions

GlobalFear

2[H]4U
I've read through the sticky but, still haventy found what I'm looking for so:

I need a good brand psu for around $100 that must have a 24pin main plug and a pciexpress conector.

Thanks

You're oging to be hard pressed to find a decent PSU that meets your requirements for $100. The only PSUs I can think of that even have PCI-e connectors are the:

Antec NeoPower 480
OCZ Powerstream 520ADJ
Vantec Stealth VAN-520A

Personally I would stay far away from the Vantec.

Tenchi4U said:
You're oging to be hard pressed to find a decent PSU that meets your requirements for $100. The only PSUs I can think of that even have PCI-e connectors are the:

Antec NeoPower 480
OCZ Powerstream 520ADJ
Vantec Stealth VAN-520A

Personally I would stay far away from the Vantec.

PC Power and Cooling are THE best!

New model Antec 430's ship with a 26a on the 12+ and two Serial Ata connectors. I managed to test one and found it to be way more stable. I need to do more testing though.

ShuttleLuv said:
New model Antec 430's ship with a 26a on the 12+ and two Serial Ata connectors. I managed to test one and found it to be way more stable. I need to do more testing though.
but do they have a 24pin ATX connector?

EnderW said:
I was asking about the True Power 430 :confused:
Antec True 430's use 20-pin connectors (I have one). But there's no reason why you can't just buy a 20-24pin adapter for it.

It has a solid 36A on the 5V rail which is nice for ppl like me who have mobos with no 4-pin ATX connector.

EnderW did not know you was just looking for that brand of psu. I do hope my list has aided you on your search.

Here is a good power supply I just bought, it is fully ATX12V 2.0, it has 24 pin but comes with an adapter for 20, it has SATA connectors and 12V aux as well. It also has a good input volt tolerance of 90-135VAC as well as an Active PFC and a MTBF of 400,000 hours all for $80.00. Not sure about PCI-E connectors though, since I haven't used PCI-E yet I din't know they had a special connector.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=17-171-001&DEPA=0

BTW It also has dual 12 volt rails and is rated 450 watts continuous not just peak.

Back