• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

new PSU question regarding to qpack

Lolento

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
286
Hi,

I have read thru all the post about the stock qpack psu.
All of the recommendations are for bigger PSUs.
Is there any PSU that is the same size and is recommended to replace the stock one?

Reason I'm asking is that I have a hot-swappable mobile rack in the qpack and I DEFINATELY need the replacement PSU to be the same size or smaller....
 
If you haven't bought the case yet try the cheming version their psu is supposed to be a little better. Otherwise your have to use the stock Qpack psu, because the only other wat to go is with a full atx.
 
Thanks, but I think the Enermax Liberty would be too long (close to 6" deep). I need something that is similar in depth to the stock PSU cuz the mobile rack I'm using is 8.5" deep.....

How deep is Chenming's PSU? Do they sell the PSU off the shelf?
 
I believe almost all ATX psu's are too long, The Qpack's PSU is realy short, something like 100mm, you could mod the case and put in a shuttle PSU in it ;)
 
You could also consider modding the case to have an ATX PSU stick about an inch or so out the back or the case.
 
emptyshell said:
I believe almost all ATX psu's are too long, The Qpack's PSU is realy short, something like 100mm, you could mod the case and put in a shuttle PSU in it ;)

any ATX PSU will work so long as it isn't the 600watt longer than normal ones and you use the shorter optical drives...lite-on plextor..etc.
 
sunp00135fn.jpg



XCLIO gp 500w

NEC DVD Burner
 
vanilla_guerilla said:
does this mobile rack present a space prob even when it is in the lower 5 1/4" bay?

yes, the mobile rack is 8.5" in length, so far, after doing a lot of research, only stock psu will fit....
 
Back
Top