new psu question, any ideas

killianss

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
126
hey guys, i have a question about psu's. I am looking for a good one that will last awhile without breaking the bank :) i am willing to spend up to 125$ for one. I have a gateway prebuilt(fx-4710 Core2Quad 2.5 6gb memory 1hd 1 dvd some fans) that i switched the psu to an older one i had laying around, its an older bfg 650 watt 40a on the 12v rails.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817702003

I wanted to upgrade to an nvidia 275-295 and in the future ide like to go sli or heck maybe even the new 470-80.

So i need something that A. will fit in my case and B. will last awhile with expandability- looking into a new case/mobo eventually but for now im stuck in the gateway case :( Anyone have any opinions on rock solid psu's.

If this helps I will probably only have 1 tb hd max and a dvd/ blue ray drive and a few fans, nothing crazy.

Thanks in advance.
 
Back
Top