• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New PSU, need some advice

naticus

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
1,962
So in a last ditch effort to fix the PSU coil whine I have after buying my G1 970 I am going to get a new power supply. I overclock all my components but since I will not be going SLI ( like I planned) with this build I thought a good 600-700w PSU would be ideal.

These are the two I am currently eyeballing but I am definitely up for any suggestions from the PSU gurus out there. Semi/full modular preferred.

XFX XTR Series P1-650B-BEFX 650W

SeaSonic SSR-650RM
 
Both models are solid but I'd go with the SeaSonic. Their PSU's are known to be among the best available.
 
Both models are solid but I'd go with the SeaSonic. Their PSU's are known to be among the best available.

Although i also like the Seasonic PSUs, right now i think that the best PSU you can buy (*and i would also buy if i needed PSU ), is the EVGA Supernova G2 750.
Both, reviews and consumer opinions are the highest possible for EVGA's (LEADEX's) G2 units.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=380
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/SuperNOVA_G2_750/11.html
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOV...4240175&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+supernova+750+g2
All these combined make this PSU an excellent recommendation ;)
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top