New Prelude Driver Issues

skoiboy

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
18
New Prelude drivers came out yesterday. I already noticed that with DTS Neo checked off it doesn't seem to produce any sound out of the surround speakers. Anyone else have this issue? All speakers are setup properly in Vista 32.
 
No problems here... I'm definitely noticing an improvement with DTS over DDL into my Sony HT receiver and speakers.
 
After installing it try using DTS: Neo, then play a song and see if you can hear it out of your back speakers. For me there is not sound out of the surround speakers. This has changed from previous drivers...
 
After installing it try using DTS: Neo, then play a song and see if you can hear it out of your back speakers. For me there is not sound out of the surround speakers. This has changed from previous drivers...

Go into the control panel-sound-speakers-configure-that's where you have to set that you have 5.1/7.1

I have to do this everytime I install a new driver set.

Good Luck :)
 
Yeah, I've done all the obvious settings I always do. I appreciate the suggestion though.
 
I've figured out what's up, but it looks like Auzentech has as well. True multichannel plays fine, but XMSS-3D and DTS Neo:pC both fail to do any channel expansion from 2.0 to 5.1 (you'll only get audio from front left and front right). Auzentech seem to know about Neo:pC, as the known bugs now include "DTS Neo does not up-mix when rendering stereo audio."

A possible workaround for music is to use an expansion plugin (such as ATSurround for foobar2000). The resulting output is "true" 5.1, which the Prelude will play back correctly.
 
Wow! It's such a pleasure to deal with a smaller dynamic company on issues like this. I had submitted a ticket and made this post (and while I'd guess I'm not alone) the situation has been acknowledged in a quick day or so.

What a breath of fresh air...
 
Just to follow-up, I just received the following response from Auzentech:

<<Thank you for contacting Auzentech.

The Develop team reported the problem you described.
We are working on this issue and update the driver next week.
We appreciate your support and feedback.

Sincerely,
>>
 
Auzen does respond well to trouble tickets. When they had the mike mute issue in their earlier driver I let them know and they responded quickly. The problem was fixed in the next beta release. And it's still fixed!
 
Well after praising the fast acknowledgment of the issue, I'm rather annoyed that after almost 3 months they still have broken drivers available. Anyone else?
 
I still have issues with the mic, once I reboot the problem is gone until the next time I go to use TS.

As you mentioned, almost three months since their last driver release is irritating and the driver has essentially been in beta forever.

Guess we have Creative to partially thank since they are the ones that are writing the drivers, but on the flip side Auzen should be crawling up their rear ends to do a better job......and the vicious circle continues.........
 
What would be the best way to connect this card to my logitech sound system, analog or digital coax? I currently own an audigy 2, and use the analog instead of the spdif out but dont use the digital output because for one, you don't get eax through the digital.

I'm assuming to use dolby digital live, you would need to use the digital coax output? Also, does eax work via the the digital ouput?

I'm thinking maybe I could hook up both and possibly use the digital output for when I play movies and the analog for games?
 
To use dolby digital live, do you have to be using digital, or can you use analog as well?

DDL is a way of sending sound via a digital connection.

The DAC in your Prelude is far better than the DAC in your amp so you should use analogue for the best sound quality.
 
DDL is a way of sending sound via a digital connection.

The DAC in your Prelude is far better than the DAC in your amp so you should use analogue for the best sound quality.
Thanks for the response:D By the way, is DAC an abbreviation for decoder?

edit: nevermind I found out my answer... digital to analog converter.
 
One more question I have, do you guys know what vista shared mode is? Is this a setting you have to mess with at all?

1bd2c1sharedmode.jpg
 
You know how there are options in the driver to use entertainment mode and gaming mode? Does using gaming mode make a difference in games that use direct sound like the source engine? Since direct sound doesn't have hardware support in vista, and needs to be emulated.
 
Back
Top