New Praetorian 731

Mr. Miyagi

2[H]4U
Here are some pictures.

praetorian2.jpg

praetorian2_pic2.jpg

praetorian2_spec.jpg

The Praetorian is only OEM in the US and retail in Europe..

thats really nice. The front is a little big, but heck, you can jam a million fans and have good airflow.

I don't have a lot of info but I think you can use the current windowed side panels. I'll keep you guys up to date with the Stacker 2, Wavemaster 2 and other cases.

I must say that looks pretty bad to me. Like a prison designed in the 1960s. You know, the ones made out of concrete with all the vertical beams? And the fan hole has a X-shaped blue rubber gasket around it? It looks like the Cingular Wireless symbol but in blue Jello.

Man, Coolermaster just doesn't look good anymore (Stacker is good though). The original Praetorian was among my favorite cases because it was sleek and subtle. It was a carry-over ATC design from when Coolermaster bought them out. The smart designers jumped ship though and started Silverstone.

Praetorian.jpg

Praetorian I
cm_case.jpg

ATC

Atheistically I think it's kind of gaudy. I really did love the classic look of the orginal Praetorian though. Other then the atheistics it looks like it's a good case, I'm just glad I'm handy with a dremel. ;)

looks like one of those carnival rides where you hop on the potato sack and slide down....

no thanks.

Spare-Flair said:
It was a carry-over ATC design from when Coolermaster bought them out. The smart designers jumped ship though and started Silverstone.

pretty accurate

Spare-Flair said:
I must say that looks pretty bad to me. Like a prison designed in the 1960s. You know, the ones made out of concrete with all the vertical beams? And the fan hole has a X-shaped blue rubber gasket around it? It looks like the Cingular Wireless symbol but in blue Jello.
Praetorian.jpg

Praetorian I
cm_case.jpg

ATC

That case looks just like everyother case there is today. That is how come i buy cheapy cases at least every fool and his dog doesn't have one similar. unfortunatly once the new one starts selling everyone other company will make a clone of it as well. I hate case design companys. The same goes for the mods to them all the same except for a select few modders.

Coolermaster has lost its way with designs. In fact, I think 99% of the cases out on the current market right now are ulgy.

Troney1169 said:
That is how come i buy cheapy cases at least every fool and his dog doesn't have one similar.

Ha, what flawed logic. People don't buy "cheapy" cases.... because nobody wants cheap shit.

It's a computer case... there is no point in trying to be "different" because after all, they are mass-manufactured equipment. A good case is a good case, similar or not.

If you really want to be recognized... build your own case. Like the big-time modders around here that make cases out of random household items.

Add some glowing eyes and horns....

Ick....

Give me the classic Praetorian... PLEASE...esp. the black one. CLASSY case.

This one just looks CHEESEY.

Used to be that Cooler Master was the Rolls Royce of cases... now they produce steel (yes... STEEL) cases with aluminum facades and fluff... I guess they are the Nissan of cases now.

Lian Li is nice (I own a PC78-SCA), but it's nothing compared to the quality in the Praetorian.

If I want a steel case with a facade, at least the some of the Silverstone cases aren't horribly bad.

Sigh... SOMEBODY bring some class back into case design... PLEASE!

The new Praetorian is just plain ugly the old one is much better.

Stellar said:
Ha, what flawed logic. People don't buy "cheapy" cases.... because nobody wants cheap shit.

It's a computer case... there is no point in trying to be "different" because after all, they are mass-manufactured equipment. A good case is a good case, similar or not.

If you really want to be recognized... build your own case. Like the big-time modders around here that make cases out of random household items.

I didn't say people buy cheap cases I said "I" buy. How is my logic flawed when it is what I do/did? has nothing to do with logic.

roachm said:
Ewwww, the original Praetorian looks waaaaaay better :\

I agree man. That new Pratorian 731 looks awful. It looks to me to be more like those awful beige cases that we all moved from into whatever we use. It is almost a shift back to beige, which is really bad. If it is heck for stout, then it would have some modding potential. However, if it is as flismy as cheapy cases, then there would be no point in my view of buying the case.

I thought I would tell you guys that this is only an OEM case so it is not retail (in other words, you can't buy it). Other cases will be based on the chassis though.

Wow....what a way to kill a good thing. New Praetorian looks like ass.

dirty ass.

I think it looks pretty good and having two 80mm fans as exhaust is not bad either. It is about time that Cooler Master has a new case!

Yep, it does have two exhaust 80mm fans in the back, unfortunatley this doensn't help its butt ugly front.
Why, didn't they do this (two exhaust fans in the back) with the original praetorian?

I don't know, i'm undecided as of now.. hrmm..

Thanks for the pic by the way.

its looks alright, im more into cases that dont pop out at you though.

also.. you shouldnt hotlink images from webpages unless you own them.
kind of an unspoken rule.

Pretty cool case. I would get one if I could get it cheap enough.

bealzz said:
its looks alright, im more into cases that dont pop out at you though.

also.. you shouldnt hotlink images from webpages unless you own them.
kind of an unspoken rule.

Mr. Miyagi is a Moderator at Cooler-Master forums, so I think he might be allowed to hotlink images from CM.

Back