• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Power Supply Suggestions

LasombraB

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
306
I'm getting a new ASUS A8N-SLi Premium mobo, and ASUS 7800GTX TOP video card. I also want to get a SLi certified Power Supply. Any suggestion?
 
Does anyone have a OCZ 520W Powerstream SLi verison? What color is the LED in it? It is Blue or Green?
 
OCZ PowerStream Power Supply (SLI Ready):

The OCZ PowerStream power supply family offers the quietest, most versatile and adaptable PSU available today. The PowerStream SLI Ready PSU family comes in 520W and 600W configurations; they are the ideal solution for your SLI gaming-rig power needs. Complete with two PCI Express connectors, these power supplies simplify installation and get your SLI system up and running in no time!

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/power_management/ocz_powerstream_power_supply-sli_ready_
Here they are, but I haven't seen one yet. ;)
 
davidhammock200 said:
Here they are, but I haven't seen one yet. ;)

ocz5xl.jpg
 
I don't get your point? :confused:

This is OCZ's SLI-Ready version of their PowerStream 520W & it is a single rail PSU,
just like the PC P&C 510Express/SLI, that is nVidia SLI Certified.

ATX12V2.xx "complient" seems to be good enough.
 
davidhammock200 said:
I don't get your point? :confused:

This is OCZ's SLI-Ready version of their PowerStream 520W & it is a single rail PSU,
just like the PC P&C 510Express/SLI, that is nVidia SLI Certified.

ATX12V2.xx "complient" seems to be good enough.

NO ATX12v2.0
+
LasombraB said:
I'm getting a new ASUS A8N-SLi Premium mobo, and ASUS 7800GTX TOP video card. I also want to get a SLi certified Power Supply. Any suggestion?
+
= :(
 
davidhammock200 said:
True but so what, neither are the PC P&C 510's.

ATX12V2.0 isn't required for SLI or anything.

But they fullfill the other part of the request so 1 for 2 or 0 for 2 ;)
 
davidhammock200 said:
You have me totally confused, please explain. :eek:

The OP asked for a SLI certified PSU. The PC Power and Cooling is the OCZ is not. They both lack one feature but the PC Power and Cooling is certified. While that means about squat the OP asked for it. So in interest of full disclosure it is important to note that the OCZ is not and that it lacks a key feature of most SLI certified PSU's.
 
The OCZ Powerstream 520ADJ isn't SLI certified because the voltages wig out when you put more than 30A on the 12V rail. You can see it better with an O-Scope, but what I get on my SunMoon is bouncing 12V voltages of about 1 to 2% every 1/10 of a second.
 
Spectre said:
The OP asked for a SLI certified PSU. The PC Power and Cooling is the OCZ is not. They both lack one feature but the PC Power and Cooling is certified. While that means about squat the OP asked for it. So in interest of full disclosure it is important to note that the OCZ is not and that it lacks a key feature of most SLI certified PSU's.
LasombraB said:
Does anyone have a OCZ 520W Powerstream SLi verison? What color is the LED in it? It is Blue or Green?
I was responding to his post number 3, when I linked the OCZ's. ;)
 
davidhammock200 said:
I was responding to his post number 3, when I linked the OCZ's. ;)

Well like i said I was trying to address his whole decision process :)
 
Spectre said:
Well like i said I was trying to address his whole decision process :)
I understand.

Anandtech used the OCZ PowerStream 520W for all of their SLI testing when the 6800GT/U's first came out,
well before there was an nVidia SLI Certification program.

The OCZ PowerStream 520W is my #1 recommendation about 95% of the time for DFI N4's & they do a GREAT job!

Dave ;)
 
I'm starting to learn more about SLi capable power supplies. I guess I'm really wanting a SLi Ready power supply that is quite. With that being said I've narrowed it down to two choices. The Enermax EG701AX Noisetaker 600W, and the OCZ PowerStream 600W SLi.
 
LasombraB said:
I'm starting to learn more about SLi capable power supplies. I guess I'm really wanting a SLi Ready power supply that is quite. With that being said I've narrowed it down to two choices. The Enermax EG701AX Noisetaker 600W, and the OCZ PowerStream 600W SLi.
They are both good PSU's, I'll probably recommend the Entermax. What are your system specs?
 
System Specs:
AMD A64 3800+ Venice
2GB (2x1GB) OCZ Plat.
ASUS A8N-SLi Premium
eVGA 7800GTX KO
SB Audigy 2
WD 74GB Raptor
WD 250GB SATAII
Plextor 16X DVD+/-RW
Lite-On 16X DVD-ROM
 
LasombraB said:
System Specs:
AMD A64 3800+ Venice
2GB (2x1GB) OCZ Plat.
ASUS A8N-SLi Premium
eVGA 7800GTX KO
SB Audigy 2
WD 74GB Raptor
WD 250GB SATAII
Plextor 16X DVD+/-RW
Lite-On 16X DVD-ROM
(1) OCZ PowerStream 520W ($105/$85@Manarch)
(2) Enermax 535W ATX12V2.01 SLI Certified ($83)
(3) Fortron/Sparkle 550W EPS ($79/$85)
 
Back
Top