• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Point System Coming from Stanford

Celerator

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
1,935
The reference machine for points is about to change, according to
Stanford (http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=7665).

Future Tinkers are going to go up in point values to correspond to
the time it takes on the new benchmark standard (P4 2.8).

100000.gif
95000.gif
 
Will that mean that the older machines will earn less points per day as the speed of the work unit will be based on the faster machines. or will it show pretty equal across the board ?

will they still be able to make deadlines?

more curious than anything else:D
 
This may make a big difference depending on whether or not they use SSE optimizations. If tinkers go up in their point value, then won't AMD's be able to make a killing off of tinker WU's? I don't pay much attention to completion times, but IIRC AMD's already own tinkers.
 
If Tinker points go up, I'll be a happy boy. I've been getting a slew of them lately, and it's been killing my PPD/W stats. Not that I care that much. It's for the science :)
 
I don't disagree with changing points values if it makes sense. If tinkers take a longer time to do, they deserve to get more points. I just hope they don't go crazy like they did the last time when they arbitrarily upped everything.
 
Holy Batman!!
There are a whole bunch of Tinkers now worth over 230 points each!!
 
Back
Top