New Photo Printer

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
My wife prints many photos she takes (amateur photog doing shoots for fund-raising). We had an older Kodak 7250 that worked like a champ for years, but has finally kicked the bucket.

We've been zeroing in on a replacement from Epson, but I was curious if anyone had experience with them. I see they have EcoTank models that offer cheaper printing, but you pay more for the printer up front. We also had been looking at the 830 and 960 Expression, but they are the opposite. Cheap up front, costs more for ink.

Any thoughts on these, especially in terms of print quality? Seems like most offer wireless and/or wired printing and scanning, which are other features we'd like.

Thanks!

8" x 10" is the biggest she'd need to worry about.

This is overkill but the price is right. It can be used for prints of any size - 19"x19" (a3+) all the way down to 2"x3"

Canon Pixma PRO-100 Photo Printer + 50-Sheets Photo Paper $60 after $250 rebate from B&H. Hopeuflly you'll get some better suggestions. Bump.

Another vote for Canon. I own a Canon Pixma TS8050. It's an all-in-one printer with great print quality.

How much is she selling the photos for at the fund raiser? reason I ask is that you may be able to pick up a used Shinko Dye Sub prinrter for a decent price, but the roll of paper and ribbon are kinda pricey.

I was doing on-site photo printing for almost 15 years, starting with a color laser printer back in 1999 for golfing events, and kodak then shinko dye subs for portraits at formal events. We sold two 5x7's or one 8x10 for $20.

golf-setup.jpg

onsite2.jpg

onsite-shinko.jpg

I do have both of the Kodak printers still with 250 sheets and 4 ribbons that I would sell cheap, basically pay for the paper and get the printers for free, but the printers are heavy so shipping would be prohibitive.
These Kodak printers only work with Windows XP.

Back