new phones for sprint?

jcmuse

Limp Gawd
where are all the new phones for sprint at ces? there seems to be zero interesting announcements besides a couple lg phones.

Most likely because there's nothing exciting for Sprint coming any time soon. I have a Hero at the moment, my Nexus One on T-Mo will be here Monday, so we'll see how that goes. Sprint had a good run for a few months, but now when everyone else is starting to pick up, they're not following through with anything. Kinda sucks, because I really like Sprint.

Might be waiting for the upcoming Mobile World Conference to make their big annoucements

I'm personally just waiting for a decent WinMo 7 phone on Sprint. Something fast, with a big screen and a keyboard, touchscreen optional, memory card slot, plays music, and takes decent photos. Why WinMo? Because I love the features and things I can do with it, not to mention Microsoft MyPhone saves my ass anytime I do a reset on my phone. If I could do that with any other platform as easily, I would take a look beyond WinMo phones.

Don't get me wrong, I tried the Palm Pre, but something about it just didn't sit well with me. I've tried Blackberry phones, and my girlfriend just got one for Christmas, and I just don't care for them. And I don't know of any Linux based phones on Sprint else I'd be looking at those too.

Samurai, the Hero and the Moment? Both Android.

As for MyPhone and saving your ass, the Pre/Pixi backs up EVERYTHING other than homebrew hacks. A device wipe or new device setup is a matter of logging in and letting everything download. Android works that way as well, but you do have to redownload your apps manually (very easy) unless you back it up with nandroid.

Look, I used to make fun of WinMo phones before Sprint MADE me take a few for my job. They're decent, but they really are lagging behind every other smartphone out there right now. MAYBE Win7 will change that, but I doubt it at this point.

Back