• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New PC to Venture into Overclocking

Setan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
217
Hello Everyone,

I read the article on overclocking the AMD A64 3000+ and I broke down and decided I need to upgrade my aging system. I just purchased the following:

Antec P-160W Case
ABIT KV8 PRO VIA K8T800PRO
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
2x Kingston 184 Pin 512 DDR400 PC-3200

I know the memory isn't the greatest but it's all I could get with a limited budget. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on what to expect with overclocking. How far I should expect to overclock, what settings I should be using, etc. This will be using the stock fan that comes with the CPU.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
 
Back
Top