• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New PC Questions...

AceCurby32

n00b
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
45
Hey guys. I've been out of the game for a few years - ok a lot of years. I need some advice on a new rig. First off, here's what I have now...
P4 2.8
2GB of Ram
Geforce 8400 GS
2 x 250GB HD

Honestly what I'm shooting for is something that will crush Civ 5. I know its not exactly pushing the graphical limits, but I do a lot of strategy gaming on my PC and save the shooters for the consoles. (Is that gonna get me beat up on this board? Haha.)


Say the budget is $1000. What about $1500?

i5? i7? Dual-video cards? And the one part I hate more than anything - which mother board!?!?

Figure 4gb of RAM and a 500gb HD.

Any info you guys could share would be great. Like I said, its not going to need to run anything massive, but it would be nice if I could get something that may run Civ 7 or 8 easily enough.

:)
 
Back
Top