• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

new pc powerful enough?

dbase88

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 26, 2007
Messages
77
Hi guys

Currently have software raid running off an LSI 16 port HBA card. The pc is a E6850 on an x38 mobo with 6gb ram with 10 * 2tb 5900 rpm hdds attached

Will I get any benefit in bandwidth in upgrading this to an i5 2400 H67 mobo with 4gb ram?

I am thinking no as the LSI card is doing all the work and its bandwidth is still greater than what the HDD's max specs are?
 
Your first post said you were running software RAID. I'm confused.

Wow, totally missed that. :eek:

Ok, yes, a new system would give a boost in performance, depending on the software RAID and OS used.

OS being used OP?
 
Back
Top