new pc. need help

Lt.Col.Dehler

Limp Gawd
Ive been out of the pc world for a while now, and it shocks me on how much new stuff has came out and im lost. Ill be building a new one around christmas time and iwant to start getting ideas now

Ill be building from scratch, i need a case on the small side yet have enough space for everything i need, im looking at box case's.Ill be moderate gaming on 1080p. Games like bf2, crysis, dirt,wic, cod. Remember i need to keep the case on the small side as it will be going on a shelf on my tv cabinet.

so built me a system budget $800

Christmas time? I suggest that you wait until Thanksgiving before you ask for parts recommendations.

New components will have arrived by then, and prices on already existing products will fluctuate wildly between now and the holiday season.

If you really want some ideas right now, then conduct a search for some of the more recent Phenom II X3/X4 builds that were posted earlier this week. Given your $800 budget, a system built around the Phenom II platform would give you the most bang for your gaming buck.

Yeah, wait till later to ask for recommendations. There will be a lot newer items out then with better cost/performance.

Oh yeah, always monitor slickdeals or the hotdeals forums here for good deals on video cards.

Back