• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New PC - Games Run Choppy

Joined
Sep 12, 2011
Messages
18
Hello,

I just built my computer and when I'm playing games, I find things are choppy. For instance, I just bought MW3 for my PC and am using the recommended settings. During game play, when I move my mouse around, it feels like things get really choppy, almost as if I'm stuttering. When I'm not moving, it's fine. It's when I'm moving around and turning that things become choppy. It isn't smooth at all.

I've checked my video drivers and it's up to date. Same with my motherboard. Not sure what else to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My specs:
Intel Core i5-2500K CPU from Microcenter
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 ATX Motherboard
Corsair CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 XMS3 4 x 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB PCI-E Video Card
Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Sony AD-7261S-0B SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe Support
Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W PSU

Thank you
 
Hello,

I just built my computer and when I'm playing games, I find things are choppy. For instance, I just bought MW3 for my PC and am using the recommended settings. During game play, when I move my mouse around, it feels like things get really choppy, almost as if I'm stuttering. When I'm not moving, it's fine. It's when I'm moving around and turning that things become choppy. It isn't smooth at all.

I've checked my video drivers and it's up to date. Same with my motherboard. Not sure what else to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My specs:
Intel Core i5-2500K CPU from Microcenter
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 ATX Motherboard
Corsair CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 XMS3 4 x 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB PCI-E Video Card
Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Sony AD-7261S-0B SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe Support
Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W PSU

Thank you

Are you sure that power supply has enough watts?
 
Have you tried a different mouse? I've had mouse lag before that has caused a similar issue. My wireless mouse was getting interfered with somehow. Switched to a wired mouse and all was well.
 
Ah, yes, it's the mouse. Apparently my 12 year old mouse doesn't like the new video games.

Thanks a lot!
 
sounds like a problem with VSYNC. try playing with it enabled and play around with your monitor's refresh rate, too.
 
I discovered the mouse problem with my wireless setup too a while back. Bluetooth mouse started failing me. Tried my Xbox 360 controller and smooth as butter... but then I was using an Xbox 360 controller. :(
 
Ah, yes, it's the mouse. Apparently my 12 year old mouse doesn't like the new video games.

Thanks a lot!

In addition, if it's a 12-year-old mouse that must rely on mouse brand-specific software for anything beyond generic two-button mouse functions, it's highly likely that that mouse might not support any Windows OS newer than Windows 98/Me. Or, the game itself might have been coded such that a USB mouse would have been required (the game might not have functioned properly with a PS/2 mouse).
 
Back
Top