New PC Build Checking

Linkz

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone!

Y'all have always had solid adivce so I come here first before finalizing on a PC build.

PC Part Picker

I'm pretty partial to Intel processors and I want 64 gigs of ram.
This machine will mostly be used for gaming, VR, and I usually run 2-3 virtual machines (not all the time but I run lab scenarios)

I know the 40 series is around the corner but I heard they are hard to fit into cases and they need a huge power supply and since 30's series cards are pretty easy to get now I figured I'd just snag one of those.

So anything you'd change or recommend? I have currently 3 Nvme's and 3 spinning drives, so ideally enough bus lanes to take care of all that. I'd like to have 3-4 Nvme slots but if only 2 i do have a PCI adapter.

Can you wait a couple months for the new Intel CPUs? they'll double the number of efficiency cores and also up the frequency and cache.

Also, higher-level AMD CPUs have more "real" cores, which might be useful for virtualizing multiple guests.

The power requirements of the RTX 4000 series relative to the 3000 series isn't nearly as severe as was previously rumored, FWIW. Costly as all hell, though.

Ah good point, I didn't realize Raptor Lake came out Oct 20. And since its still LGA1700 i wouldn't have to switch the mobo.

Maybe I can also wait for the actual release of the 4000 series cards to get an even further drop in price on the 3000 series. Most modern games the 3000 series handles perfectly fine, and I'm actually not unhappy with my current 2080ti, but I'll end up making this new rig and giving my wife my current one with the 2080.

Back