NEW PC-A05 B build (56K Warning!!!)

carbon12

n00b
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
43
Here was my project from last weekend. I recently switched over from a TJ-09 to this ultra compact case. I no longer had space for that beast, which by the way will now be on sale... anyone interested? let me know... pm please. enjoy.

A05_FULL.jpg

A05_3QF.jpg

A05_SD1.jpg

A05_SD2.jpg

A05_Zoom.jpg

A05_3QB.jpg
 
I really like the space-saving layout of that case. Do you miss your TJ09? I mean, does this seem much like a step-down at all?
 
Not yet, I dont miss it yet. It's still with me, but it is empty. I would've kept it if I had the space, but now it's in a box waiting for a new owner. I would'nt say it's a step down, just a changeover, like from an audi A8 to an audi a3 or a4. Less roomy, but still nice!

The vent is from another LIan li case, I forget what it's called... G50? Maybe someone elase will remember the name for me.

-RC
 
yes RC, it looks alike this is the one donate its fancy look door.
What a lovely case!~
 
they should really make the a05 with that side panel... and a vented top panel for that matter. It's such a small case that it can only benefit from having more place to intake or expell air.

Anyway, no one wants a tj09!!!???? I will give a great deal for it, and if you happen to live in the sf bay area.... you may not have to pay for shipping! :confused:

TJ09_3QF.jpg

TJ09_3QB.jpg
 
How ironic, I was looking at doing the complete opposite of what you did. I love my little Lian-Li but I can't stand it blowing warm air all over my legs during the summer. :(
 
May I ask how did you get the vented side panel ? Is there a way to order just that panel since i'm eyeing a A05B myself and cringed at the lack of a vented side panel ?

 
May I ask how did you get the vented side panel ? Is there a way to order just that panel since i'm eyeing a A05B myself and cringed at the lack of a vented side panel ?


Read post #4~7...
There is link that added as well...
I am not big fan of side panel, but this one looks really nice~
 
Read post #4~7...
There is link that added as well...
I am not big fan of side panel, but this one looks really nice~

I know from where it is coming as I read those posts. However, I'm wondering how he got it since it would be a waste to buy a G50 case just to swap the side panels.

 
I actually got the side panel from a friend's old g50! He was moving up into a v1200+...
I actually bought the A05 first, put it together at his place, spotted his old g50, and voila! instant "new" vented side panel... it fit perfect!

Anyone know what shipping is like to Ireland for something a huge as the TJ-09 in its original box!? - I was actually hoping to find someone local to send sell it to...

Thanks for all the compliments on the case though :D

-RC
 
I actually got the side panel from a friend's old g50! He was moving up into a v1200+...
I actually bought the A05 first, put it together at his place, spotted his old g50, and voila! instant "new" vented side panel... it fit perfect!

Anyone know what shipping is like to Ireland for something a huge as the TJ-09 in its original box!? - I was actually hoping to find someone local to send sell it to...

Thanks for all the compliments on the case though :D

-RC

You are lucky :)

However, I might buy the A05B and the G50. Use the A05B for my main rig and use the G50 for my file server, which is running stock.... Let me t hink how to justify spending for 2x cases or convice my gf :eek:

 
I don't think either case is particularly expensive... The non-vented panel on the g50 shoud be fine if it's just a file server... great idea. Go do it and post some pics once you got it set up!

As for the gf... i'm sure you can think of something! :D

You are lucky :)

However, I might buy the A05B and the G50. Use the A05B for my main rig and use the G50 for my file server, which is running stock.... Let me t hink how to justify spending for 2x cases or convice my gf :eek:

 
I don't think either case is particularly expensive... Should work great with your si-128 and look sick!!! The non-vented panel on the g50 shoud be fine if it's just a file server... great idea. Go do it and post some pics once you got it set up!

As for the gf... i'm sure you can think of something! :D

You are lucky :)

However, I might buy the A05B and the G50. Use the A05B for my main rig and use the G50 for my file server, which is running stock.... Let me t hink how to justify spending for 2x cases or convice my gf :eek:

 
I'm going to be going the same heatsink in the case, but what I was wondering was how tight of a fit yours has to the motherboard. There has been some talk of it fitting loosely and needing to place a dime between the retention bracket and the heatsink. Also, it sure looks like the 120mm lines up perfectly with the one on the back, does it? I'm thinking (if it did) about just putting on few 120mm fan casings and just using one for intake and cooling of the heatsink
 
I'm going to be going the same heatsink in the case, but what I was wondering was how tight of a fit yours has to the motherboard. There has been some talk of it fitting loosely and needing to place a dime between the retention bracket and the heatsink. Also, it sure looks like the 120mm lines up perfectly with the one on the back, does it? I'm thinking (if it did) about just putting on few 120mm fan casings and just using one for intake and cooling of the heatsink

The heatsink fits tight onto the mother board and processor, though for some reason, there is not enough tension to keep it from swiveling... but it is on there solid and have no doubts that it is up tight against the cpu.

The fan does almost line up perfectly... there is a slight height difference between the heatsink fan and the rear case fan. You might be able to do some creative modding to accomplish what you just described. Please be sure to post pics if you are succesful.

-RC
 
Back
Top