New parts, and wont POST

Swordfish45

Limp Gawd
I wanted to renovate my sister's eMachines (my old comp) with all new parts since its last incident
So I had replaced the burned PSU, and fried Mobo. The computer booted, but the PSU incident had also taken a part of the MBR with it, so a reformat was in order.

When I was done with the reformat I skiped activation for later, and sat on my options for a while. The computer was not being used for 3 weeks by the time the new P4 2.8ghz came.

Here's the problem. The computer, with a new PSU, Mobo, CPU, IDE's and disk drive, will not post show any screen activity (besides the "input not detected" screen will change to a blank screen) or give a diganostic beep.

Another thing is the fact that when I unplug all the drives, I do get a diagnostic beep and the harddrive spins up. Also, the power button light does not work. Im sure its connected to the right jumper

Ive rulled out all these things:
CPU (new)
MOBO (new)
RAM (swapped sticks, worked before psu problem)
PSU (new)
HDD (N/A)
CMOS reset

this thing is beating me. Thnx

Further pondering suggests i try a new hdd for shitts and giggles

Sig info is N/A

I tried disconnecting everything and then putting the mobo+porcessor in another case with another set of drives.

No diagnostic beeps
No display whatsoever

Im gettin her a mac...

Swordfish45 said:
Im gettin her a mac...
HAHAHh atta boy! no [H] there! funny to see so many read a few things and think its all easy. putting systems together when most were on their mamma's teet it can be an undertaking. good times!

-joke

OK, I methodicly unplugged the ide from each drive. They only become active when they don't have contact with the mobo. Ill try a RMA a new one. But probably too late, ive had the mobo for a month now.

WTF KO'd it? new PSU... was the mobo DOA upon arival? DO I NEED MORE ACRONYMS?!?!
tnx

Back