• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Panaflo's Clicking...Why?

DDrasus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 9, 2002
Messages
338
I just bought 4 Panaflo 12L fans (same as L1A) from svc.com. They are somewhat quiet, but they all make this rediculously loud clicking noise when on. Will this wear off? I dont think its a defect because all 4 do it, but if not, I will hafta return them because all i can hear is click..click..click
 
are the blades clearing all the way around? (new fans I would sure hope so!)
 
I find that if you pay close attention, at lower voltages, the panaflos tend to click a bit. At least that's with the 7 or 8 panaflos that I've worked with at one point or another.
 
Are you guys slowing the fans with a fan controller? because those pulse width modulating fan controllers can lead to a low volume, fast clicking sound that defeats the purpose of quiet operation.
 
I was just about to buy a panaflo, I hope this issue gets cleared up. Is it because of fan controllers, or is it clicking without them?
 
Back
Top