new OCer, can't get it to work

lythargic

n00b
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
2
ok i've read up a lot and OC'ed other system a bit before, but when I've tried doing it to my system I can oc the video card, but anytime ive tried working on any cpu or ram stuff, it doesnt work. anytime i make any change in the BIOS the comp wont turn on and i have to reset cmos. id also like to OC my RAM too. im better with specific instructions, plz tell me what to do?

ASUS A7N8X DELUXE AMD THOROUGHBRED CORE NFORCE2 PC3200. BIOS: Pheonix tech, rev 1017 beta 005 t9, about a year old.

AMD ATHLON XP DESKTOP 2600+ SOCKET A MODEL 8 CPU 333MHZ FSB

2 ATLAS PRECISION BRAND 512MB PC3200

PNY VERTO GEFORCE4 TI4400 128MB AGP

fyi, for some reason whenever i update nvidia drivers, windows wont start. so thats outta the question.

thanks
 
If after you install the nforce drivers your windows wont start... that reminds me of when I migrated from my p4 with intel board to amd nforce2 board. Consider formatting..

I am wondering if you are overclocking too much to begin with try to go in lower intervals and hope that works.

Have you considered overclocking through software? I gave up trying to understand my bios and downloaded ClockGen for the Nforce2 boards works wonderfully.

Doesnt increasing your frontside bus overclock the your ram and cpu at the same time..

Hope thats helpful
 
Back
Top