New NVIDIA 327.23 WHQL Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at NVIDIA sent word that the new GeForce 327.23 WHQL drivers are now out. Here is a partial list of fixes:

Fixes Since Previous Driver Version 326.80:
  • [PhysX]: After installing the driver, occasionally the PhysX processor selection in the
  • NVIDIA Control Panel is set to CPU instead of AutoSelect (Recommended), resulting
  • in PhysX games running slowly. [1049752]
  • Windows 8.1 Fixed Issues
  • The preview pane for featured images is blank

Fixes Since Previous WHQL Driver Version 320.49:
  • Applications may crash when using factory overclocked GPUs. [1299187]
  • [PhysX]: After installing the driver, occasionally the PhysX processor selection in the
  • NVIDIA Control Panel is set to CPU instead of AutoSelect (Recommended), resulting
  • in PhysX games running slowly. [1049752]
  • [GeForce GTX TITAN][Crysis 3]: Textures inb the game. [1316417]
  • [GeForce GTX 680][Battlefield 3]: Black edges flicker in the Noshar Canals map section
  • of the game. [1313779]
  • [Kepler-class GPUs, GeForce 8800 series][League of Legends]: The driver may crash
  • during the game. [1308395]
  • [GeForce GTX 280][STALKER: Clear Sky][DirectX 10]: The game does not launch and
  • shows a black screen. [1307001]
  • [GeForce GTX 560][3DTV Play]: 3DTV Play cannot be enabled when using the
  • embedded emitter. [1306972]
  • [GeForce GTX 650 Ti][Surround]: With 2D Surround enabled, nothing happens when
  • clicking the Windows Start button. [1299351]
  • [GeForce GTX 460]: Blu-ray movie playback is slow and sometimes crashes. [1299035]

Thanks for the headsup :)

The bulletpoints are hard to read, they dont highlight each point, they highlight every line which is worse than not having them, fyi.
The only way to separate each point is the reference number at the end of each point, there arent any full stops.

Except there are full stops, my bad, its pretty hard to read on the front page.

Installed them this morning, but no time to try them out until this evening.

Installed the new drivers a few minutes ago.

Word of advice: shut down Steam (that should be a no brainer), disable overclocking utilities (MSI Afterburner, eVGA Precision X, etc) prior to installing as there may be a possible conflict which will keep the graphics driver from completing installation. Disabling the overclocking utilities allowed the driver to install properly on my system. I'll test the drivers sometime this afternoon and report back here with findings.

Word of advice: shut down Steam (that should be a no brainer), disable overclocking utilities (MSI Afterburner, eVGA Precision X, etc) prior to installing as there may be a possible conflict which will keep the graphics driver from completing installation. Disabling the overclocking utilities allowed the driver to install properly on my system. I'll test the drivers sometime this afternoon and report back here with findings.

Any issues if I don't revert to stock clock speeds?

I never exited EVGA precision when updating previously, however, this will be the first update since switching to afterburner so I'm a bit apprehensive.

Sometimes a driver will push a GPU a bit harder, making it heat up more.
This can make an overclock unstable.
His advice is good, verify your overclock is stable after making sure the driver works well.
I've given up stability testing my gfx cards though, it wears them out faster.
If a game crashes and isnt reported to be buggy, I increase the voltage or lower the clocks (and give it a clean), whatever fixes it.

Save your current overclock profile then shut down / exit the overclocking application. There is no need to uninstall Afterburner or Precision X or revert to stock clocks if the programs have been shut down / exited prior to installing the new drivers. This has been my experience with the new drivers.

Any issues if I don't revert to stock clock speeds?

I never exited EVGA precision when updating previously, however, this will be the first update since switching to afterburner so I'm a bit apprehensive.

I exit Steam / Firefox / MediaPlayer before upgrading, but never MSI AB. Though I always reboot anyways.

I've never had to shut down / exit Afterburner or Precision X to install prior driver upgrades. With these new drivers, it was necessary to shut down Afterburner to get the graphics driver portion of the install to complete successfully.

I exit Steam / Firefox / MediaPlayer before upgrading, but never MSI AB. Though I always reboot anyways.

I did a live upgrade to 326.8 with AB running (no reboot after).
After the upgrade, AB showed a flatline/zero for framerate and voltage until I restarted it.

I've never had to shut down / exit Afterburner or Precision X to install prior driver upgrades. With these new drivers, it was necessary to shut down Afterburner to get the graphics driver portion of the install to complete successfully.

I think I read over at EVGA forums have been saying you need to turn off that program when doing driver updates as it may cause errors.

I think I read over at EVGA forums have been saying you need to turn off that program when doing driver updates as it may cause errors.
yes you should always at least shut it down. its really best to fully uninstall and reboot it before installing new drivers and then reinstall after new drivers. most of the time I upgrade my drivers there is a new version of precision and/or rivatuner that I need to update to anyway.

With the new drivers has anyone noticed the system tray icon is no longer there? I am running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and after installing on 3 of my systems it has disappeared.

With the new drivers has anyone noticed the system tray icon is no longer there? I am running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and after installing on 3 of my systems it has disappeared.
I don't think I have seen the Nvidia system tray icon on by default in years.

Last edited:
nVidia system tray icon has always been present throughout driver revisions for as long as I can remember.

Nice I switch teams and they do a physx fix. Wonder if this will fix the problem in borderlands 2. Even when set on auto or GPU physx seams to be running on CPU.

The new drivers do fix the issue with PhysX reverting to CPU when set on Auto or GPU. It appears to work in Borderlands 2.

Nice I switch teams and they do a physx fix. Wonder if this will fix the problem in borderlands 2. Even when set on auto or GPU physx seams to be running on CPU.

Have not not seen the system tray icon over the last several driver installs.

I got my tray icon back after installing the last beta, 326.8.
Before this I havent had the tray icon for a very long time.
After a clean install of 327.23 WHQL and reboot, its still there.

Have not not seen the system tray icon over the last several driver installs.

Funny, recent driver installs have actually got rid of my tray icon (thankfully). No matter how many times I hit the uncheck box it would show up every reboot and I had to manually stop it in Windows startup, which would cause problems since I couldn't get into the control panel if I did so.

The new drivers do fix the issue with PhysX reverting to CPU when set on Auto or GPU. It appears to work in Borderlands 2.

That's bs. So pissed lol. Waiting for so long then couple days after I switch to 7970 this comes out. In all the searching I did I couldn't find any evidence of nvidia acknowledging this issue. Now a fix. O well.

That's bs. So pissed lol. Waiting for so long then couple days after I switch to 7970 this comes out. In all the searching I did I couldn't find any evidence of nvidia acknowledging this issue. Now a fix. O well.

Sell that and come back home :D

Terrible drivers, some games don't run with these and Xtreme Tuner Plus running.

I put the prior beta driver on my Dad's machine, and he said the TDRs came back in spades (from around the 275 era). Hoping the WHQL fix this. ManuelG had confirmed one of my minidumps to be a driver problem previously.

drivers partially installed and only detected one monitor after a few attempts. I ended up rolling back to 326.80 and I'll just skip these.

After a couple of days of testing various games and applications the only negative I've found with these drivers is Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas crash much more frequently than previous drivers. Other games run just fine.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Put quite a bit of effort into finding out why Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas were crashing much more frequently (every 10 - 15 minutes vs. every 9 hours). Replacing NMC's large texture pack with medium seems to have solved the problem. Every other graphics setting I used remained the same. Went all day yesterday without a single crash.

These drivers fixed a problem for me when Black Ops 2 would crash if Firefox was open in the background or after I finish playing Borderlands 2. Don't know how or why it was happening but it hasn't happened since I updated.

My buddy has a GTX 770 and he has graphical corruption in Chrome and Steam on images and videos. Everything on youtube looks like a bunch of blocks. Does Nvidia have the same issues as AMD when it comes to Flash Hardware Acceleration.

I've been using 314.22 since March as I heard every driver since has been buggy or worse...327.23 seems to work fine...I think it's a keeper

My buddy has a GTX 770 and he has graphical corruption in Chrome and Steam on images and videos. Everything on youtube looks like a bunch of blocks. Does Nvidia have the same issues as AMD when it comes to Flash Hardware Acceleration.

Obviously this is not normal ... faulty card, aggressive overclocks, etc

I used to have issues with the LCD software for my G19 when I had it causing the driver install to fail... So just a heads up on that also.

These drivers work well for me with 3 titans, I don't notice huge gains maybe a frame or two. All is well playing BF3, Metro, and Tomb Raider. No change in temps, etc.. Havent ran any benchmarks yet. No complaints so far.

Back