• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New MP3s -- all corrupted

Mechvin

n00b
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Messages
4
I play all my old MP3s just fine, but I find that a lot new ones I download recently are corrupted. They seem to play fine for the first thirty seconds then winamp and win media can't play it at all. I've unistalled winamp 2 and installed new winamp 5, but to no avail.

Am I missing some kind of codec? Has MP3s evolved? Is this some kind of a horrible outlash by the music industry? What's going on here?!!

Thank You
 
Originally posted by Mechvin
I play all my old MP3s just fine, but I find that a lot new ones I download recently are corrupted. They seem to play fine for the first thirty seconds then winamp and win media can't play it at all. I've unistalled winamp 2 and installed new winamp 5, but to no avail.

Am I missing some kind of codec? Has MP3s evolved? Is this some kind of a horrible outlash by the music industry? What's going on here?!!

Thank You
RIAA got you. Quit using Kazaa ;)
 
Someone should sue riaa for intentially wasting bandwidth. I get 30% if you win :D
 
Go to the window. Now look out it, down the sidewalk to the street. There should be a car just pulling up and stopping there. Now getting out of it are two men in suits. They're pulling a wad of papers out of a briefcase, now walking up the sidewalk to your door. *Ding Dong* "Hi, here's your subpoena"
 
Sounds like RIAA got to the mp3's before you. They tend to flood P2P programs with songs that play for 30 seconds.
 
The lesson here is: don't download music which you don't have the right to download.
 
im going out on a limb here and giving you the benefit of the doubt that you have a right to download these mp3s. and so, the program mp3 shield found at http://www.mp3shield.com/ does a good job of helping you out downloading corrupted mp3s.
 
Back
Top