New mousepad for G9x

KoolDrew

[H]ard|Gawd
As the title states I'm looking for a mousepad for my G9x. From what I've read the G9x works better with a hard surface and I'd honestly prefer one with more glide anyway. I've looked at the Ratpadz, but I feel the thickness would put me off.

So what do you guys suggest for something thin, not overly huge (12" wide is good), not overly expensive and a hard surface?

Yeah get a hard pad for the G9x. For that size you might want to look at a 4HD. I used one of those bestbuy rocketfish hard pads with a g9x for a long time and that worked fine too.

Artisan hien hard. While it is technically a cloth pad the surface behaves like a hard pad and the glide is incredible. Best mouse pad I have ever used hands down. I didn't even want a cloth pad when I bought it. It has totally changed the way I look at cloth.

Yeah get a hard pad for the G9x. For that size you might want to look at a 4HD. I used one of those bestbuy rocketfish hard pads with a g9x for a long time and that worked fine too.

This. I still use a rocketfish pad with my G9X and I like it a lot. Cheap, too. I think I paid 12 bucks for the pad.

This. I still use a rocketfish pad with my G9X and I like it a lot. Cheap, too. I think I paid 12 bucks for the pad.
Same here, love it. 2 different sides, one rough @ one smooth. I prefer the rough side with my g9x.

I've actually been looking at a few of the SteelSeries ones, and the 4HD and 9HD stuck out to me. For $20, I'll probably end up going with the 4HD. I was originally interested in the func f10 series, but with both coming in either 14" or 17" it's definitely too big for me. Around 12" would be about right.

Thanks for the replies.

I can confirm that the 9HD (and therefore, 4HD) is an awesome performer. 9HD is gigantic, though, so heads up if you decide on that route. I would have went with the 4HD, but Amazon didn't like to have it in stock when I was purchasing.

If you have the money, Steelseries SX is top of the line for a hardpad. Its anodized (not simple coating, but actual anodizing!) aluminum, perfectly smooth, and the best "heavy" pad I've used to date. It has exactly ZERO wear and is easier to clean. I think the Ratpadz XT may come close, but the SX definitely thrashes the GS. If you like the feel of metal, you probably won't find much better and the tracking is phenomenal, making it the perfect mate for a high end mouse. (In my case, a WarMouse Meta with 5600DPI sensor).

One more vote for SteelSeries SX and G9x. As the previous poster said, SX has superb tracking and it's really easy to keep clean. The only downside is that it's a bit "noisy" when you move your mouse on it, but nothing really disturbing. :)

One more vote for SteelSeries SX and G9x. As the previous poster said, SX has superb tracking and it's really easy to keep clean. The only downside is that it's a bit "noisy" when you move your mouse on it, but nothing really disturbing. :)

Ditto. +1

I'm considering the G700 as my next mouse and it uses the same sensor i think.
You can try the Mionix Propus 380 as a hard mat or Zowie Swift, personally i think i will buy the Propus.

At over $50 the SteelSeries SX is quite a bit more than I'm willing to spend on a mousepad, unless you guys are finding it cheaper?

+1 on the steelseries sx

i can sneeze and my g9x will slide across. its actually funny, the stock g9x feet are more slippery and quieter than the teflon skates that steelseries provides. The teflon skates make a serious scratchy noise. I took my skates off literally 2 nights ago, and i had to put my DPI from 800 down to 500 because i was sliding so fast.

great combo.

also, i got mine for 45$ at the canadian computer stuff retailer that i cannot post here.

a long time ago, I got a "Icemat" It's a frosted glass mat that has yet to wear out. I love it!

I was looking for a new mouse and a mouse pad to go with it. I opted for a G9x and SteelSeries 9HD. Should be here next week.

Can't seem to find the SteelSeries SX on sale anywhere reputable.

Ditto. +1

Another +1 for the Steelseries SX from me. Best mousepad I've ever had.

*And I see you went with the other one. Upon looking, you seem to be right. I don't see the SX in stock anywhere either. That's a shame. I'll be sad however long down the road it takes when I finally wear the thing out.

If anyone is looking to buy a mousepad or anything from SteelSeries, there's a coupon code for 30% off all Steelseries products on their website.

http://shop.steelseries.com/us

Use code "QC2011"

From their Facebook page:
"Ladies and gentlemen, start your railguns! To celebrate the annual QuakeCon and the grandfather of competitive FPSes, we're offering 30% on everything in our webshop this weekend. Use code "QC2011" when checking out to apply the discount. May the spawn-frags be with you, amen."
I think I'm going to cancel my order from Amazon on the 9HD mousepad and order from here. Save myself a few bucks.

I think that the steelseries SX mousepad has been discontinued.

Got my G9x and 9HD in and been using it for a few days now.

Pad is huge and the mouse glides very smoothly over it. Love the feel. Perfect combo imo.

If anyone is looking to buy a mousepad or anything from SteelSeries, there's a coupon code for 30% off all Steelseries products on their website.

http://shop.steelseries.com/us

Use code "QC2011"

From their Facebook page:
I think I'm going to cancel my order from Amazon on the 9HD mousepad and order from here. Save myself a few bucks.

Cool thanks will be getting something with this.

I wonder if that QC2011 code will work....I'm considering a pre-order of the Sensei, if they'll allow it.

As far as the SX, I bought mine at Amazon, but you're right they seem to be unavailable, though still listed on the main site. If you really want one, there are two on Ebay, but they're above retail price as expected. Pity - they're just in another league altogether and only $10-15 more expensive than a lot of cheapy "gaming" surfaces.

Back