New motherboards, Bags are sealed?>

RegisteredToPost

Limp Gawd
I have a quick question. Don't motherboards usually come in static bags, with the end being sealed with some type of S/n or P/n sticker? I ordered an asus mainboard that did not have any sort of sealing on the end, the board was also half-coming out of the bag. Is that standard or have i been je....duped? :eek:

Over the last 2 months, I have received 3 MB's from ASUS. All of them came in static bags, that had one end just folded over. None were sealed, but this didn't worry me too much as the ends of the bag were tucked under the board, so it couldn't come out anyway.

Well almost half an inch of the board was exposed, when i unraveled my piece. Didn't give it too much thought at the time but as i realized the board was bad, i kind of remembered it.. Ra'd the board hopefully i get one that works..

Yeah, they dont come sealed, they are just folded over and taped onto the bulk of the anti-static bag. But like the guy above said, just make sure they take care and look to make sure that it doesnt look like it has be "messed" with.

It's been my experience that most motherboards that come in an antistatic bag are not sealed or even taped. The bag is at most folded over at the end, although often times it will be taped shut with one of those big yellow anti-static warning stickers.

Nowadays it's not uncommon to see mobos in plastic clamshell boxes with no antistatic bag at all.

Back