New motherboard Help Please

losboricua

n00b
I haven't kept up with mother board that much and been doing some research but I can't find a decent SLI motherboard, with good over clocking options. I currently have a Biostar TF520-A2 and first all I can't get it to over clock my 5000+ BE with Corsair XMS2 Ram(2x2gb). I have try just raising the mutiplier like everyone says and nothing. Also other reason why i want to upgrade is that my friend will be buying a gxt 260 and he is giving me his old 8600gt just like mine so i was thinking about going SLI and i cant with my current Motherboard.
Basically i need good suggestion on a decent and ok price motherboard.
Thanks to whom ever help

MSI K9N SLI-F
$84.00+shipping @ NewEgg
Link

If you want to spend a little more:
ASUS M3N-HD
$139.99+shipping @ NewEgg
Link

Not really answering your motherboard question but just wondering if you upped the voltages and loosened the timing on your RAM a little while you overclocked.

fromeo85, thanks for the links, i was looking at the asus one before but it is out of my range right now. Zoogle, I try loosing the timing, changing voltage and everything i found online that people have try to see if it worked with y setup and nothing.

Did you try lowering the HT multiplier and raising the HT to overclock the old fashioned way? That's how I did mine.

Yes, basically i can only go like a multiplier up or it is very unstable, ram i can only take it like 20 over or it gets very unstable

Back