• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Monoprice IPS-G

Yea I saw that but I can't figure out if it is any good. Isn't the dell version more expensive? Also what is IPS-G vs IPS ?
 
Yea I saw that but I can't figure out if it is any good. Isn't the dell version more expensive? Also what is IPS-G vs IPS ?

May have something to do with the brightness but I think a lot of people will be happy about the glossy glass laminate.

From the article:

The panel features brightness rating of 440 cd/m², which is more than 15% brighter than most comparable displays. Rather than exposing the panel to the elements, protected only by thin coating, this panel features a glossy glass laminate with an antiglare coating.
 
May have something to do with the brightness but I think a lot of people will be happy about the glossy glass laminate.

From the article:

The panel features brightness rating of 440 cd/m², which is more than 15% brighter than most comparable displays. Rather than exposing the panel to the elements, protected only by thin coating, this panel features a glossy glass laminate with an antiglare coating.

Uh glossy and anti-glare don't work together...
 
From the buttons it looks like the same enclosure as the Microcenter Auria. Hopefully it is actually LED lit like they say, and not using the U2711 CCFL panel the Auria has now.... That would be a trip, a heavy AG coated screen encased under a glass panel...

Uh glossy and anti-glare don't work together...
Don't the latest Macs advertise as having less glare than prior models? And CRTs generally had some anti-glare treatment yet were still glossy. (FW900.) So I think there is kind of a range of treatments that can be used in that regard.
 
Don't the latest Macs advertise as having less glare than prior models? And CRTs generally had some anti-glare treatment yet were still glossy. (FW900.) So I think there is kind of a range of treatments that can be used in that regard.

They could have meant glossy w/ an anti-reflective coating, which is what CRTs used to do. That would make a bit more sense. But you can't tell from their wording exactly what they mean. Antiglare (matte) + glossy has existed (on laptops, anyway), and it's generally a bad combination.

I guess someone could email monoprice for more details.
 
"This is a Grade A-1 panel, which means no image defects are allowed. That means no backlight bleed, no dead pixels, no focus issues at the edge, nothing wrong at all."

So what makes this a sub-perfect (A-) panel if it has no defects?
 
"This is a Grade A-1 panel, which means no image defects are allowed. That means no backlight bleed, no dead pixels, no focus issues at the edge, nothing wrong at all."

So what makes this a sub-perfect (A-) panel if it has no defects?

I assume A-1 means top of the line, 'A1' not 'A-' 1.

But I think that is all marketing speak anyway. Bleed typically comes from backlights/poor panel positioning/bezel, not panel anyway. So it comes down to how well these are manufactured.

And I wouldn't be surprised if everyone, even the Korean manufacturers, all get the same exact panels as everyone else. But due to junky manufacturing, some monitors are better than others.
 
"This is a Grade A-1 panel, which means no image defects are allowed. That means no backlight bleed, no dead pixels, no focus issues at the edge, nothing wrong at all."

I'll believe it only when I see it. IPS tech is infamous for backlight bleed.
 
The following IPS re-brands:

Auria: Glossy (Toms Hardware)
DGM (UK CrosOver 2720 Rebrand) (TFT Central, PC Pro)
NixeusVue (anandtech)

All have mediocre black levels and the Auria reviewed by Toms had poor gamma (1.9 average). Wait for real reviews to come out before buying any multi-input model.
 
All have mediocre black levels and the Auria reviewed by Toms had poor gamma (1.9 average).

the review on tom's showed that the black level varied only from .66 cd/m2 to .59 between the highest and lowest brightness settings, while white level went from 277 to 146. which means that the brightness control isn't really adjusting backlight intensity much but altering the white level digitally. no wonder contrast sucks - the backlight is basically on full blast irrespective of the brightness control.
 
Has anyone actually gotten one of these? They are now showing in the specs - 1.07 billion colors, supports AdobeRGB and sRGB modes - which I don't think was there when it first came out. That would make it a pretty rare bird, if it is actually LED like they say. (same panel as Dell U2713H?) The sRGB mode (if it is any good) would make it vastly more useful than the current (AG/CCFL) Microcenter Auria.
 
Last edited:
Has anyone actually gotten one of these? They are now showing in the specs - 1.07 billion colors, supports AdobeRGB and sRGB modes - which I don't think was there when it first came out. That would make it a pretty rare bird, if it is actually LED like they say. (same panel as Dell U2713HM?) The sRGB mode (if it is any good) would make it vastly more useful than the current (AG/CCFL) Microcenter Auria.

They just became available.
 
I just ordered mine today and since they are only 25miles from my house it will be here tomorrow for $8 shipping.I will let you guys know how it goes..
 
The following IPS re-brands:

Auria: Glossy (Toms Hardware)
DGM (UK CrosOver 2720 Rebrand) (TFT Central, PC Pro)
NixeusVue (anandtech)

All have mediocre black levels and the Auria reviewed by Toms had poor gamma (1.9 average). Wait for real reviews to come out before buying any multi-input model.

Follow NCX's advise. Don't dump your bones on this monitor just yet.
 
Follow NCX's advise. Don't dump your bones on this monitor just yet.
2 late for me as i will be the tester lol.It is easy for me as i live 30 min away and if it sucks i will drive it back and let them know.I will give everyone my take on monitor once i get it.I have not been able to find a single review on this monitor so i figured i will do a Gaming review with Crysis 3 and BF3 and even some Starcraft cause the colors on that game are great.If it don't work out i lose $20 shipping cost at most so for me it was worth it.They guarantee no dead pixel for a year.So even 1 dead pixel they pay to ship it back and send you a new one.Same with light bleed etc.If it is not perfect in anyway they will pay to ship it back so i figured hey what do i have to lose.When i searched the model number this is only forum that showed up with anything to do with this monitor..Well wish me luck but if this monitor is a POS i will be here letting all you guys know..:cool:
 
2 late for me as i will be the tester lol.It is easy for me as i live 30 min away and if it sucks i will drive it back and let them know.I will give everyone my take on monitor once i get it.I have not been able to find a single review on this monitor so i figured i will do a Gaming review with Crysis 3 and BF3 and even some Starcraft cause the colors on that game are great.If it don't work out i lose $20 shipping cost at most so for me it was worth it.They guarantee no dead pixel for a year.So even 1 dead pixel they pay to ship it back and send you a new one.Same with light bleed etc.If it is not perfect in anyway they will pay to ship it back so i figured hey what do i have to lose.When i searched the model number this is only forum that showed up with anything to do with this monitor..Well wish me luck but if this monitor is a POS i will be here letting all you guys know..:cool:

Thank you.
 
Please. PLEASE use some formatting in your sentences. It's almost painful to read the way it is.
 
All i was trying to do was help.I am disabled with only 1 arm and it is very hard for me to type with only my left index finger.Sorry it was not up to your standards!
 
All i was trying to do was help.I am disabled with only 1 arm and it is very hard for me to type with only my left index finger.Sorry it was not up to your standards!

Leave it up next time, most people are d1cks on the Internet, screw them and do what you can.
 
All i was trying to do was help.I am disabled with only 1 arm and it is very hard for me to type with only my left index finger.Sorry it was not up to your standards!

I'm sorry, I'll have to turn on my psychic powers next time to discern whether someone is physically disabled, or just a lazy typist.

Here's the post he removed, with spacing added:

"Ok guys I have been using my monitor for about 2 hours now, and I gotta say I love it. I did the dead pixel test and I found zero. I put on a all black screen and the light bleed is hardly noticeable at all. There was a lil on the corners but no where near as bad as I have seen the U2713 or the Asus PB27 do.

One thing is for sure it is a glossy screen but it looks like it has a purplish anti glare coating, as the reflections of it have a purple tint. I have a very sturdy desk so the stand does not bother me, but I can see it bothering other people. There is a OSD for brightness, contrast, eco mode and Dynamic Contrast ratio. There is also color temp setting with Warm, Cool, Standard and user where you can adjust to your liking. There is also a hotkey to adjust to eco DCR and such by pushing vol up when there is no OSD on. Gaming on it was amazing, as I played some BF3 and Crysis 3 and I did not notice any lag or ghosting. I ran the pixel persistance analyzer and I have to say it seems smoother then my 27" asus tn panel.

As with the Asus you have to adjust the trace free to find the best setting but with this it seemed perfect the way it is. The one thing I can't truly test is input lag. I tried to test by gaming and I personally did not notice any difference from my Asus 1080p tn panel with 2ms response time. There is one weird thing is that it looks like the frame the monitor is in has a space for a camera under the glass. At first I thought it was a bubble but then I realized what it was. Anyways I am happy so far.. I hope this helps you guys.. I am not good at reviews as I have never done one but if you have any questions about my monitor feel free to ask.."
 
If this is how members treat other members in this forum then i want nothing to do with it.. Thank you
 
If this is how members treat other members in this forum then i want nothing to do with it.. Thank you

It was a simple request. You could have easily explained the situation, or not at all... but being passive aggressive and removing your post certainly doesn't help things.
 
You could just not be a jerk, and apologize.

No one asked you to be psychic. We do expect you to focus on technology and not be a grammar queen.

Anyway, decent intel on the monitor, thanks. Sorry for the unrelated posts.
 
So what is the verdict on this monitor? Any second opions on quality?
 
I'm sorry, I'll have to turn on my psychic powers next time to discern whether someone is physically disabled, or just a lazy typist.

Here's the post he removed, with spacing added:

"Ok guys I have been using my monitor for about 2 hours now, and I gotta say I love it. I did the dead pixel test and I found zero. I put on a all black screen and the light bleed is hardly noticeable at all. There was a lil on the corners but no where near as bad as I have seen the U2713 or the Asus PB27 do.

One thing is for sure it is a glossy screen but it looks like it has a purplish anti glare coating, as the reflections of it have a purple tint. I have a very sturdy desk so the stand does not bother me, but I can see it bothering other people. There is a OSD for brightness, contrast, eco mode and Dynamic Contrast ratio. There is also color temp setting with Warm, Cool, Standard and user where you can adjust to your liking. There is also a hotkey to adjust to eco DCR and such by pushing vol up when there is no OSD on. Gaming on it was amazing, as I played some BF3 and Crysis 3 and I did not notice any lag or ghosting. I ran the pixel persistance analyzer and I have to say it seems smoother then my 27" asus tn panel.

As with the Asus you have to adjust the trace free to find the best setting but with this it seemed perfect the way it is. The one thing I can't truly test is input lag. I tried to test by gaming and I personally did not notice any difference from my Asus 1080p tn panel with 2ms response time. There is one weird thing is that it looks like the frame the monitor is in has a space for a camera under the glass. At first I thought it was a bubble but then I realized what it was. Anyways I am happy so far.. I hope this helps you guys.. I am not good at reviews as I have never done one but if you have any questions about my monitor feel free to ask.."

No one asked you to even respond to his post. Stop being a assh0le and let the man be. It's not your job to know whether someone is handicapped, English not first language, or just can't type. Clearly you never heard the line "live, and let live". No one needs to announce their physical situation before they post just so you can not take personal offense to the way he types. You making it a point to respond to onegun negatively, go somewhere else man. I understood all his posts just fine but you went ahead and restructured his whole paragraph like none of us have interpretation skills and even asked you to do that.

Onegun, if your still up to it, we would love to see your review of the monitor please, thank you.
 
Last edited:
Ok guys, well I've had one of these for a few days, and I'd honestly recommend you stay away from it. I'm going to send mine back I think.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6286/nixeus-27-inch-ips-monitor-for-the-masses

it's this exact monitor with slightly higher brightness capabilities and a slightly difference case/stand. There are screenshots of the menu in this review, and it's the exact same menu. I have an i1Display Pro that also measured 400:1ish contrast ratio just like this one. The uniformity is also inline with this one. They are both the same as the Auria glossy display.

The monitor is not AdobeRGB/1.07B like Monoprices website says. It's just a standard 16.7M sRGB. I have an i1Display Pro that confirms it. On top of that, there is no mention of it in the manual anywhere, the box also only says 16.7M, and there are no menu controls of any kind relating to colorspace, and you can confirm that by looking at the menu screenshots in the review I posted, because every setting is the exact same.

In short, Monoprice is trying to pass off a monitor that's been around for a good while as something new, and doing so at one of the higher price-points. They also lied about the screen being wide-gamut.

I got one of the 30 inch dell knock-offs from them a couple of months ago, and the brightness controls didn't function (confirmed by many people in the reviews on their website) and they had a Youtube video claiming that it was an LED when it was actually CCFL. It's apparent that whoever got Monoprice into the monitor business is either pretty dishonest, or just doesn't know what they're doing.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1383020/new-monoprice-27-2560x1440-no-image-defects/10#post_19968697
 
Back
Top