New Monolith In Game Video - F.E.A.R.

Luthorcrow said:
As far comparing the eye candy to D3 what struck me most about the graphics for this game is the number of objects that the physic was being applied to. What a kinetic frenzy of bullets, glass, papers, dust and other debris.
Ever played Burnout 2 on PS2 or Xbox? If these few shards of glass impress you, try BO2 (I recomend Xbox because it was optimized for it) and it looks more impressive.

Sorry that I'm so late into replying in this thread. ... but just watched the video, and I'm quite impressed. This is a type of game I can get into. :D I can't wait to build a new PC. Have games like this HL2, FarCry, D3.. wow, soon life will be good :D

Staples said:
Ever played Burnout 2 on PS2 or Xbox? If these few shards of glass impress you, try BO2 (I recomend Xbox because it was optimized for it) and it looks more impressive.
...i dont have an XBox ... or a PS2 ...or a PS1 or for that matter ..or a GameCube ..or Colecovision ..or Atari2600 ..so , any games on PC to match the number of items you can "disturb" as this demo is showing? Looks like HL2 will be about the same where you can mess with just about anything ..is D3 going to have as interactive of an environment?

I'll have to check that game out but what impressed was not just the number of items flying about but that it seemed like the physics model was being applied to all of these various objects. I have seen games where physics are applied to a limited number of objects (generally just ragdoll and a few select objects) but in this game it looked like it was being applied to insane number of background items which translated into a out of control mood. I think that is part of what made the action sequences more gripping.

I also, appreciate any game that doesn't tip toe around mature themes and dialogue.

Just finished watching the demo. Looks very good although I feel they have given too much away in the demo already. I would have left off the last scene. Other than that it looks ace.

Well the last thing sure scared the shit out of me :D

How the hell are you going to defend against that?

I think we can be sure that the dialogue will be unsurpassed that´s for sure.

The scariest bit for me was as the lift went down you catch a glimpse of the girl in corner of the lift between the lights flickering on and off. Made me jump.

Yeah that scene made me extremely annoyed. Quite cool effect really.

oqvist said:
NOLF are still on the market ;)

I found it to be very replayable something you can´t say about Half life ;)

Monolith has made a crappy game. Contract J.A.C.K. That was a huge piece of shit and so was the first NOLF game. The sequel was MUCH better and I still enjoy playing it today.:)

merlin704 said:
Monolith has made a crappy game. Contract J.A.C.K. That was a huge piece of shit and so was the first NOLF game. The sequel was MUCH better and I still enjoy playing it today.:)

Yes I know and Monolith know it. But ironically I think Contract J.A.C.K is the game they sold the most of. The only reason they released the straight forward shooter Contract J.A.C.K was because NOLF games sold like shit so can you blame them for going mainstream?

So they just produced something very quickly to get some profit. And if you compare to the average fps it aren´t that bad it´s just that it isn´t NOLF and people are expecting more.

oqvist said:
Yes I know and Monolith know it. But ironically I think Contract J.A.C.K is the game they sold the most of. The only reason they released the straight forward shooter Contract J.A.C.K was because NOLF games sold like shit so can you blame them for going mainstream?

So they just produced something very quickly to get some profit. And if you compare to the average fps it aren´t that bad it´s just that it isn´t NOLF and people are expecting more.

I guess I should have been more specific about COntract J.A.C.K. The gameplay was good but the story was pure ass in a bowl.

To this day, AvP, NOLF2 and Shogo are their best games. I remember when there was rumor for a Shogo2. I even saw the trailer for it. Wish it would have seen the light of day.:(

I have heard nothing of this game, but damn, after watching that trailer, i cant wait!!

merlin704 said:

NOLF crap? Boy what do you want of a game? That game smoked more overrated games like HL.

Tron 2.0 was decent but more so for the game play, visuals, and environments.

Luthorcrow said:
NOLF crap? Boy what do you want of a game? That game smoked more overrated games like HL.

Tron 2.0 was decent but more so for the game play, visuals, and environments.

*sigh* I always have to explain myself. The first NOLF was dookie on a stick. The visuals were subpar and the game didnt even play smooth. The 2nd NOLF was a fantastic game with awesome visuals and a decent storyline. Tron 2.0 was amazing to say the least. I had a great time playing through it and light cycles multi is the shit!

I loved Shogo and NOLF. I actually didn't mind Contract Jack.
I never got around to NOLF2. I'm going to have to play that, just finishing Painliller.
I'm glad Monolith is out there.
Looking forward to F.E.A.R.
Have to get Tron too!

What is it with the spelling of these titles...

First S.T.A.L.K.E.R., now F.E.A.R...

R.E.T.A.R.D.E.D...

1337 speak is next.

WickedAngel said:

R.E.T.A.R.D.E.D...

1337 speak is next.

actually, 1337 speak is already happening ;) The newest Driver, Driver 3. They've decided to call it Driv3r

nice eh? ;)

WickedAngel said:

R.E.T.A.R.D.E.D...

1337 speak is next.

I know S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Is spelled that way because there's a movie named Stalker which is actually one of the thigns they've drew from for S.T.A.L.K.E.R aswell as the book "a roadside picnic."

I assume they had to do that for copyright sake or something.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is the name of the game, F.E.A.R. is actually "First Encounter Assault Recon".

Back