new mobo/cpu.. won't even post :mad:

steal

2[H]4U
So I picked up a chaintech vnf3-250 and an athlon 64 3000+ and it won't even post :mad:

I have no idea what to do, I'm thinking the cpu is dead but honestly I'm just sooooo fucking pissed right now about this - the last thing I want to do is have to rma one or the other.

It powers on fine, everything seems to work, hd spins up, but it won't post at all. Anybody have any suggestions? I've narrowed it down to just the mobo/cpu/hd, and still no beeps, and it still won't post at all..

CPU fan spinning up when you hit the power button? Only power button connected? Did you make sure nothing accidentally grounding on the back like a standoff in the wrong spot?

A standoff?

And yeah, the cpu fan spins up like normal, and only the power switch is connected.

a standoff - the little brass or aluminum things that the mobo screws into. They keep the back of it from touching the mobo tray and grounding out. a standoff in the wrong place will ground out the mobo.

ok, wasn't sure what they were called :p

no, the only standoffs in the case are the ones the mobo are actually using :(

Unplg power cord from CPU, reset CMOS, then reconnect power and check. Some boards are finnicky and will have strange reset problems with standby power still present.

already was suggested somewhere else, it did nothing :(

it seems like the mobo doesn't even have a damn bios at all

thanks for your help though.. wish i knew what to do :(

i really don't wanna have to send any of this stuff back, i've been waiting long enough for it to get here already

Back