• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

new mobo and video card problems

jec1521

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
106
Hey, I just installed a new Lan party NF4 Ultra-d motherboard, athlon 64 3200+, and a refurbished ati x800 pro from newegg. So, when I turned the computer on, the "lan party NF4" logo showed up fine, so I was thinking everything was great, until about 2 seconds later when everything on the screen gets all fuzzy. you can still see the colors of the lan party logo, etc. so im guessing it has something to do with the videocard. i obviously have not set up the drivers for the mobo or videocard because i cant see anything. I think everything is working fine with the installation of the mobo, it's just that I can't see anything. thanks in advance.
 
Could be the vid card. I've also had this happen to me when my memory was overclocked too high. Screen would get fuzzy and pixelated then reboot. It could also be a bad motherboard. Do you have another card to test? You might want to try and get the cheapest PCI-E card you can find locally as a test replacement and just return it to the shop because you don't want it anymore. Good luck.
 
Also, make sure the contacts on the vid card are clean... Use some high percentage isopropyl alcohol and clean them off with a lint free cloth.
 
do you have another system to try that vid card in? Refurbished caught my eye.. good luck
 
i dont have any other pci-e cards, but im going to get a cheap one today. im hoping thats it.
 
I wouldn't trust refurbished video cards at all. I would RMA the card if you can and buy a retail/new one for the warranty.
 
I got a 9800 Pro refurb and it was DOA. They don't seem to have high QC standards before they ship cards back out.
 
what is the rest of your system? power supply and ram? those dfi nforce 4 boards can be picky about hardware. i hope your using a native 24 pin power cord from power supply no adapter.
 
Back
Top