New miner need simple answer!

Samir

n00b
Hello. I will be quick, don't want to waste your time.
I'm planning to put mining rig, buy everything and start mining with 4x RTX 3060 (LHR).

By the profitability miner calculator -> whattomine-com ( not affiliate or anything similar ) they say i should expect 8.50$ pure profit/day for ETH.
This is backed with couple of other reputable sites.

If nothing major happen to the market, can i expect earn around 8.50$ every single day in next month ( i'm aware of price fluctuation on daily and monthly basis, and its all fine if profits are changing for all of miners ) or it depends, so one day i don't earn anything 0.1$, next day 2.33$, next day 8.56$, next day 1.12$ and so on?

I'm looking for somewhat stable income, and 8.50$ per day is more than enough for me.

Which one is correct?

Calculations are made for Etherium but im interested also in ravencoin, ergo, etherium classic, etc.
As everything i know there are a lot of variables but...
I tried with Google but didn't find my answer.

Thanks to everyone that puts time into answering question.

Does WTM have a LHR function?

Regardless, there's more profitable things to mine with LHR gpus.

Hello. I will be quick, don't want to waste your time.
I'm planning to put mining rig, buy everything and start mining with 4x RTX 3060 (LHR).

By the profitability miner calculator -> whattomine-com ( not affiliate or anything similar ) they say i should expect 8.50$ pure profit/day for ETH.
This is backed with couple of other reputable sites.

If nothing major happen to the market, can i expect earn around 8.50$ every single day in next month ( i'm aware of price fluctuation on daily and monthly basis, and its all fine if profits are changing for all of miners ) or it depends, so one day i don't earn anything 0.1$, next day 2.33$, next day 8.56$, next day 1.12$ and so on?

I'm looking for somewhat stable income, and 8.50$ per day is more than enough for me.

Which one is correct?

Calculations are made for Etherium but im interested also in ravencoin, ergo, etherium classic, etc.
As everything i know there are a lot of variables but...
I tried with Google but didn't find my answer.

Thanks to everyone that puts time into answering question.
I would feel pretty confident about making $8.50 per day for the next month on those cards. EIP-1559 is coming for ETH which might reduce payouts slightly, but crypto prices are rebounding and it would take a pretty big drop to go below $8.50 / day if you're making 200MH/s on those cards. Just double check which version they are and if they're going to work. If you're mining in Windows with the original 3060s the situation is a little easier because of the leaked driver. If you're mining in Linux it's still possible but takes some work. The newer 3060s are different I believe, and either way they're all going to be a pain in linux. So do your research before buying. I would just buy some 3070 FE cards off stockx or bestbuy when you find good prices. Less hassle to deal with, and they're more efficient in other algorithms like ravencoin so in the future you'll be better off as well.

it fluctuates and will never stay at a fixed rate. thanks for contributing to the lack of gaming gpus too...
Stay salty. Someday you'll get a GPU at MSRP.

Andrew_Carr any tips on using Stockx either to sell or buy? I've never used it before or knew about it until it was mentioned here a few times. Thanks!

I would feel pretty confident about making $8.50 per day for the next month on those cards. EIP-1559 is coming for ETH which might reduce payouts slightly, but crypto prices are rebounding and it would take a pretty big drop to go below $8.50 / day if you're making 200MH/s on those cards. Just double check which version they are and if they're going to work. If you're mining in Windows with the original 3060s the situation is a little easier because of the leaked driver. If you're mining in Linux it's still possible but takes some work. The newer 3060s are different I believe, and either way they're all going to be a pain in linux. So do your research before buying. I would just buy some 3070 FE cards off stockx or bestbuy when you find good prices. Less hassle to deal with, and they're more efficient in other algorithms like ravencoin so in the future you'll be better off as well.

Stay salty. Someday you'll get a GPU at MSRP.
Hello, and thanks for valuable feedback. After some more research i will go with 3070, i can get them at decent price and they are performing better for raven coin which i'm big fan since eth 2.0 is around corner. Again kudos to you sir!

it fluctuates and will never stay at a fixed rate. thanks for contributing to the lack of gaming gpus too...
Dont have to be mad at me, im not scalper reselling graphics i just need stuff to make me money. And top of that i'm the one who is going to pay that scalper prices.
Anyway thanks for feedback!

thats called a job. idc if you arent scalping, you scooped up 4 cards meant for gaming, they made the LHR ones to stop miners and yet here you are desperate for free money.
ps: they make cards for mining

damn right. look at this situation. so desperate for "free money" they scooped up 4 LHR models anyways. this is fucking retarded.
ps: i wouldnt care if they were using mining cards.
Dude, gpu is multi purpose. Its not just for gaming. If there is a buck to be earned you bet i will. Do not care for others because others dont give a fuc* about me and my life. LHR is not to stop miners. Its marketing for Nvidia to sell as much as possible and other stuff.. They are not stupid, you cannot block gpu performance for specific task with driver update. Aint gonna work.
I see you have RX 5700, you are far from not being able to play any game as much as you wish for, so..
All the best

Andrew_Carr any tips on using Stockx either to sell or buy? I've never used it before or knew about it until it was mentioned here a few times. Thanks!
I've only purchased from there once but it was a good experience. Basically everything is new and is verified by them before it ships to you. So the seller ships it to them, they inspect it, and if it's legitimate they send it on to you. That adds about $20 per item and overall I found the post-tax/fee prices about $50 higher than on ebay so eg. a $950 card on stockx would total to about the same as if the card were $1000 on ebay. But it seems like a lot of the bestbuy scalpers dump their cards on stockx so after a big drop they can be found cheaper there sometimes vs ebay and other sites. The one nice thing about it is that you can offer a price you'll buy at and if someone is desperate to offload their card you'll win it, and that the prices can vary depending on the model. I saw a 6800xt sell there for about $948 the other day whereas the cheapest I've seen on ebay recently is a used one sell for about $940 at auction which seemed really abnormal.

I've only purchased from there once but it was a good experience. Basically everything is new and is verified by them before it ships to you. So the seller ships it to them, they inspect it, and if it's legitimate they send it on to you. That adds about $20 per item and overall I found the post-tax/fee prices about $50 higher than on ebay so eg. a $950 card on stockx would total to about the same as if the card were $1000 on ebay. But it seems like a lot of the bestbuy scalpers dump their cards on stockx so after a big drop they can be found cheaper there sometimes vs ebay and other sites. The one nice thing about it is that you can offer a price you'll buy at and if someone is desperate to offload their card you'll win it, and that the prices can vary depending on the model. I saw a 6800xt sell there for about $948 the other day whereas the cheapest I've seen on ebay recently is a used one sell for about $940 at auction which seemed really abnormal.

Ohhhh so they actually get the items and then inspect it before going out to the buyer.. that's next level stuff haha. Thanks I'll look into it more.. now how do I check to see if cards are LHR or not... hehe

Back