New mechwarrior in development

Well MS f u the mw expansions.
They tried to make mechquake to get more sales.
This is a simulation NOT a fing quake clone, but that is what MS wanted and the game died.

I said NO Xbox because of 3rd person view crap. Which was thought of as a cheat in MW4 on the pc....they put that in for the console idiots as well. THANKS AGAIN MICRObrain.

Yep it didn't take long before MS controlled and destroyed FASA creation.

I hope they make it like the old MW4, weapons and mechs were balanced and the game play was correct.

I will end this rant to say make it MW4 with patch 1.6
THE BEST AND LAST MW version

Without reading the whole thread crysis mod MWLL looks bad ass ....MW4 oooh the days of poptart sniping and making kids ragequit were so grand. I do miss that game those were the days....

I said NO Xbox because of 3rd person view crap. Which was thought of as a cheat in MW4 on the pc....they put that in for the console idiots as well. THANKS AGAIN MICRObrain.

Maybe I'm just not completely understanding your whole post, but what are you talking about? 3rd person was available in Mechwarrior 2 also

and in three as well, first/third person doesn't really change that much for the games IMO.

whack a mole was a hated thing in MW4 because of 3rd person view.

They would rock up and down on the hills and snipe and could see everything at all times..1st person could not do that.

one of the things that caused the patches...called dirt bug...if you did it just right you could shoot thru the top of the hills and never be seen.
The terrain was changed to fix this.

I made the comment to them....well put the person up on a stick if they want to see 30 feet over the mech....then we can just shoot them off of it.

this is all pc version and you could turn off 3rd person on your server.
IF the consoles get in, they will only have 3rd person and could not get in. SO they will patch it so 3rd person is allowed because of it....again ruining the game

Why do you think consoles = automatic third person only?

In the trailer it was evident tehy want to make it extremly good in first person view, showing off things you didn't in the older games.

It was a Warhammer, heathen:p

Scratch one mech off of my "wish it was in a game" list...:cool:

But that still leaves the Battlemaster, Marauder, Archer, Crusader, Rifleman, Shadow Hawk, Phoenix Hawk, Stinger, Wasp, and Locust. And those are just the ones from the 3025 Technical Readout!!

Well all of the lost mechos, or those that were in the big Harmony Gold/FASA license issue, were redesigned, so that way they can be used in the games, it was in one of the more recent TRO's.

the IGN interview (found it yesterday) made me want to play MW4 again. I grabbed mercs out of the closet, and loaded it up. I've run through about 10 missions so far. It's been 7 years since I played it, and it didn't take that long to get back into it. I can't wait for Vengeance and the others to get released. I will be checking the site often! CAN'T WAIT FOR MW:LL OR THE NEW ONE!

At mechwarriorleagues.com they say its pre invasion timeline 3057ish so alot of the mechs u might think are their wont be.

ah man.
No dashi or nova cats.

We will be screaming I shot you 20 times and you are still going ROFL

I sure hope they allow some customization. And the servers with no heat will be F U L L

yes the madcat mk2 no armor 6 erll and the bug that allows u to take a shit load of damage and never die...mmmmmgood. looks like the ATLAS willbe the big boy on the block.

Cant wait for this. I was a big player of the tabletop version in fact have 36+ mechs and 50+ vehicles. Also looks like it might be set in Davion space as they had a pennant on the lights with the Davion symbol. Hopefully they make lots of different chassis available as MW4 could have used some more.

And yup the servers with no heat will be full, but hopefully all the kids with no tactics will go to those anyway.

I'm going to be very disappointed if the mech lab is watered down like MW4 was. The strategy that the lab brings in was huge part of the fun. Too many decisions were taken out of the players hands in MW4, which was such a huge irritation after the great plethora of options that MW3 allowed. Ugg, I've gotta stop predicting the worst. *happy thoughts happy thoughts* Maybe they will do good, I want a new Mechwarrior game.

I'm going to be very disappointed if the mech lab is watered down like MW4 was. The strategy that the lab brings in was huge part of the fun. Too many decisions were taken out of the players hands in MW4, which was such a huge irritation after the great plethora of options that MW3 allowed. Ugg, I've gotta stop predicting the worst. *happy thoughts happy thoughts* Maybe they will do good, I want a new Mechwarrior game.

i have the same concerns.... i want a mechwarrior 2/3 successor, not a mw4 and mechassault (ughhh) successor....

I just got an email from a buddy that swears that this video everyone is going gaga about is BS
the video clip is a movie NOT a game and that it was shown over a year ago.

I just got an email from a buddy that swears that this video everyone is going gaga about is BS
the video clip is a movie NOT a game and that it was shown over a year ago.
Are you talking about the teaser trailer for the game? It shows actual gameplay footage.

the 181M movie with the atlas and the parking garage.
They both said this was shown to a mech conference late last summer.
Very hush hush and a few statements were made and that was that.
They both said it was a movie then and were wishing someone would make it into a game.
So this is not ingame shots but a fing demo.

I am pressuring them to show me something about their claims.
These guys are BIG mech fans books games the whole thing, and I hate to say it but I am now worried this is all bs.

Please let the game come out and I can say smart ass fan boys here is the game LOL

I read the IGN posting and they are saying its real and working.
Also hint at late fall release.
At no time did they say fall of what year LOL

Lets hope it's fall release, not fail release :p

And I don't mind waiting another year, if that means that game is polished and optimised. We waited so long for Mechwarrior game, so we better get top notch one

In the IGN interview they cleary said the video and release of it is meant to stir up publisher support for them.

What they can develop and put into the game depends on the budget the publisher gives them.

They are not going to be releasing the game this year, it is probably a good year/2+ off. I'd say 2011.

i have the same concerns.... i want a mechwarrior 2/3 successor, not a mw4 and mechassault (ughhh) successor....

+1 and just supporting this. It should be Mech sim, not an FPS or something.

As for the movie, I am hoping it is in game footage, and not Duke.. eerr i mean Mechwarrior Forever.

I keep a 98se machine for MW2 and MW3 / pirates moon.
I just got done beating MW4 and Black Knight again... I lost both of the disk 1's of Mercs. I've been looking for another set.

I've been playing MW since the Kali days for MW2, then went to Mplayer for MW3. Always was a Northwind Highlander.

I really do not like MW4. I thought it took too much away from the lab and I dont like how limited the controls can be customized. Black Knight gives a bit more back in that respect.

Eye candy is one thing, gaming is another. Sure MW4 was prettier than MW3, but it's playability was much worse.

Either way, I'll buy it when it comes out for sure. I'm dieing for another league with economics and structure...

I keep a 98se machine for MW2 and MW3 / pirates moon.
I just got done beating MW4 and Black Knight again... I lost both of the disk 1's of Mercs. I've been looking for another set.

I've been playing MW since the Kali days for MW2, then went to Mplayer for MW3. Always was a Northwind Highlander.

I really do not like MW4. I thought it took too much away from the lab and I dont like how limited the controls can be customized. Black Knight gives a bit more back in that respect.

Eye candy is one thing, gaming is another. Sure MW4 was prettier than MW3, but it's playability was much worse.

Either way, I'll buy it when it comes out for sure. I'm dieing for another league with economics and structure...
Dropping you a PM

I am glad there coming back with Mechwarrior, it was a really good game for its time. I didn't play the old ones much, never could get the controls setup where I could play them well. Towards the end of there life I got a Gravis Xterminator Gamepad which really helped alot, that sure was an awsome gamepad for its day.

Last edited:
They need to hurry up so I can have an excuse to use my Saitek X45 again :(

woooooooot.
Dave is throwing me back into Mercs.

Do you like Mechwarrior ? Do you want to blow shit up? Do you care if it's a two on one and your oppenent failed to apply enough leg armour?

You want to be a Mercenary. Clearly. I went years of MW with this ideaology. Fight to win. Period. the C-Notes spend the same.

Back