New MB and MBP out as soon as Tuesday?

Do you realize the prediction linked was for last Tuesday? It is reasonable to expect an update for May/June for Intel's Montevina update though predicting the exact date is just a guessing game that will be played until the official announcement.

Hopefully "revision" means exactly that. I just got my MacBook a week ago.

... Then again, maybe I could exchange it for the new models.

Do you realize the prediction linked was for last Tuesday? It is reasonable to expect an update for May/June for Intel's Montevina update though predicting the exact date is just a guessing game that will be played until the official announcement.

Thanks, I didn't notice that. I guess that shows how strong this rumor is huh?

I really hope they update the looks of both lines soon they are getting kind of old.

they updated both a few month ago. I doubt anything for 5-6months from that date.

otherwise, theyd have a lot of very unhappy people. Im still happy with my penny MBP, but a case redesign may inquire my interest.

case design coming late summer

This is what I am hoping for, I plan on picking up a small laptop (~13") and would like to get a Macbook (or its replacement). Though I really am hoping they re-design the case (material, layout, etc.), but if it is nothing more than hardware I will still bite hopefully.

This is what I am hoping for, I plan on picking up a small laptop (~13") and would like to get a Macbook (or its replacement). Though I really am hoping they re-design the case (material, layout, etc.), but if it is nothing more than hardware I will still bite hopefully.

If they do a full redesign with new material, it'll probably be aluminum. It's fine for durability and a cohesive computer appearance, but you'll want to keep in mind that the aluminum makes for weaker wifi signals. If you use wifi a lot, you'll probably want to get a current MacBook; besides, the polycarbonate plastic is pretty damn sturdy.

Now if I could just find a way to ensure that I don't dirty up the keys with finger oil. Anyone know of a way to cover the keys up?

friends don't let friends use macs.

I kid I'm not a mac hater. Annoys me to death they get the 3.2GHz 45nm before us though :mad:.

I'll be buying a MBP by mid-June so I guess we will see how things unfold. Even now, I don't mind getting the current gen since this will be my first Mac! I'll be excited either way.

If say the announcement came tomorrow, how soon afterwards would they be available. I only ask because I'm looking to pick one up before I leave the country for a job. I wouldn't want to get one overseas because then I'd be stuck with an alternate layout keyboard. Typing on a Japanese keyboard was very tiresome the last time I had the opportunity.

I plan to buy one now lol. Pisses me off that I buy one now in 2-3 months or when 3rd quarter comes they get the quads like intel promised. Fing would piss me off sooo bad. Been waiting for them to get quads. I dont know whether to wait or to buy now :C

at the japanese mac stores you can get the NA keyboard layout if you want.

If say the announcement came tomorrow, how soon afterwards would they be available. I only ask because I'm looking to pick one up before I leave the country for a job. I wouldn't want to get one overseas because then I'd be stuck with an alternate layout keyboard. Typing on a Japanese keyboard was very tiresome the last time I had the opportunity

Well there was no update today... and I'd highly doubt one since they were last updated in February. We may see a redesign this Summer, fingers crossed.

Back