New mATX case from NZXT

dual 120mm fans on eash side...looks like a dual 120 radiator for each side, to me. Anyone else feeling a very capable mATX WC rig with little modification coming on? If you can jam dual 120 rads in this thing (one on each side), I think I just found my case. damn the luck on availability.

1.JPG

Can the strap go around the case so that it sits upright? I don't like the idea of carrying my computer sideways. This case looks awesome. I might have to migrate from my Lanbox or make another build when this comes out, especially if water cooling is possible.

And let's get some front shots please? We don't want a butterface case ;)

The build quality seems nice. Other than that, I don't like the design.

And people, do you realize that this case is 43L big (almost twice as big as a QPack)? This is HUGE for a mATX case. I'd rather go for a small full-ATX case like the Lian Li A05. Its volume is only 39L.

Just curious. Can the Lian Li A05 hold a 8800GTX/Ultra video card? This is one of the main reasons why people are choosing the larger than normal mATX SFF cases. So they can fit the big video cards inside them without modding. Cooling is a factor as well.

No updates? Come on NZXT Dooode!!!!
And yes i have seen 8800gtx in the ao5 case.
Imma sell my new rc-690 and get this!! And then throw away my case imma build in shop class.

You guys should be seeing an update in the mod gallery very soon..... including a lot lot of photos :)

@NZXT_Dood... 3 days, and no updates? ;)

When will the case be avalible on the European market?

Well... looks like there is a review out on the case already:

http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/cases/nzxt-rogue/

After reading the review, the slide out motherboard tray seems useless and the front door is very big and you need a lot of clearance to open and close it. I am surprised that NZXT did not go with a dual door system to prevent these short comings. The cooling aspect did not look so great with a high end graphics card.

Still looks like the PC Labs - Qmicra 2 is a better over all case design.

I read the review... I guess I thought a few of their points were not really big issues... For example, the side panels are exactly the same on both sides. If they'd swapped panels left for right, or moved the fans to the forward mounting, airflow would have improved. As they had it configured, of course airflow would be blocked with a video card in the way. However, one benefit they neglected to mention, was the abundance of fresh air now cooling the video card.

In addition, they bring up the possibility of a video card blocking a CMOS Jumper? Um, yeah, that would be a problem with the mATX form factor. You only need to remove two screws. Like it's any faster with another case? Most tweakers would just leave the cover off while testing OC's anyway. It's not really a function of case design.

Overall, I think this case fills a specific niche, that no other similar case can fill. There are so many possibilities here...

One major issue(at least for me) was that the door rubbed against front panel and scratched the paint. I'm guessing that would have happened during shipping. It would have been better if they put like piece of cardboard box stuck between them to prevent that or better yet, put something like thin silicon strip on door so it does not rub metal to metal which peeling off paint. The door will still shut with magnet that way and it would feel much better to close door. Just a thought.;) and 2nd one is that review mentioned 1mm thick top panel vs 3mm all around. I wonder what's the reason behind that? I would think 1mm panel will be like qpack cover which is little flimsy. But I don't want to say that though since I haven't seen it in real life. ;)

Good review.

One design element that may dissuade me from considering this case is the door. Granted this is a subjective point of focus, but I am generally not enamored with cases featuring doors as they tend to clutter an otherwise clean design. That stated, this case may be an exception to this viewpoint.

I really liked that the front panel port cables are removeable. I wish other case manufacturers would follow this example.

I feel the reviewer is not a SFF aficionado as many statements condemning the case are endemic to the SFF itself.

Looks like NZXT_Dood went cold? :p

What about the build craigbru? looking forward to see some more pics

Johnny's been a busy guy. He was in Taiwan and China a few weeks ago, then I believe he was in Europe as well.

I was at a LAN over the weekend, so I didn't get any work done on the case. I'll be back at it tonight, and should have some updates for you all shortly.

ok, going on what ive read, its an excellent case.

im buying one now. just a worry as to the space available for a decent cooler.
love the idea of putting rads on the site, but im not gonna dremmel another case to death.

anyone know the deal with an 8800gt? does it fit with comfort or would it scratch the gpu pcb?

ok, going on what ive read, its an excellent case.

im buying one now. just a worry as to the space available for a decent cooler.
love the idea of putting rads on the site, but im not gonna dremmel another case to death.

anyone know the deal with an 8800gt? does it fit with comfort or would it scratch the gpu pcb?

My understanding is it'll fit an 8800GTX, so the GT should fit just fine.

Anyone know of a really good mobo to use with this case? I'm not up on mATX at all. Looking to put a Q6600 in one, so an P35 chipset board or x38 chipset board would be perfect.

Anyone know of a really good mobo to use with this case? I'm not up on mATX at all. Looking to put a Q6600 in one, so an P35 chipset board or x38 chipset board would be perfect.
Right now, there are really only three mATX cards gamers/OCers use, one of them actually supporting Crossfire (though you can only use single-slot or WC GPUs):

1) Asus P5E-VM HDMI, G35+ICH9R-based and an absolute OC monster (500+ FSB)
2) Asus P5K-VM, G33+ICH9-based (I'm going alphabetically), including an open-ended (though blocked) 4x PCI-E slot, usually with better OC capabilities than the Gigabyte;
3) Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R, G33+ICH9R-based, including an open-ended 4x PCI-E slot (CF ready, nothing is blocking it like on the P5K), with a problem with memory dividers for 800MHz CPUs (which I think Asus solves as soon as the FSB hits 266MHz, but I'm not sure).

Check on this forum, there are very extensive threads about each one of the three.

If you want to drop a notch or three, do check the ATI X1250-based 4Core1333-FullHD from ASRock or F-I90HD from Abit, though these are a little more limited (including Penryn support, only available on the ASRock board with PCB 1.03).

Cheers.

Miguel

Not planning to OC, or use dual video cards. Just looking for a good, stable board that will run my Q6600 well. Thanks Miguel, I'll check into those and see which best fits my needs.

Not planning to OC, or use dual video cards. Just looking for a good, stable board that will run my Q6600 well. Thanks Miguel, I'll check into those and see which best fits my needs.
Well, if you're not planning to OC, then your options grow a little. Though not so much as I'd like, since Quad-core support is not available on every LGA775 motherboard...

At least theoretically, you can have Q6600 support on the following chipsets:
- 865G (ASRock or Asus), but you'll need DDR-400, CL 2.5 and an AGP GPU;
- VIA or SiS mATX chipsets (though you'll loose PEG, DDR2, dual channel, or any combination of those items);
- NVIDIA 610i/630i (good IGP, AFAIK, though you'll loose dual channel memory support);
- ATI X1250 (last Intel MCH from AMD, only available on ASRock and Abit);
- G965 (stay clear of this one, honestly, unless you don't EVER want to OC; also, these boards are usually more expensive than newer ones, based on the G3x chipsets);
- G31/G33/G35/G45 (the G45 is not out yet, and it will probably be the last, or one of the last, IGP-enabled MCHs from Intel).

Unfortunately, one of the most popular mATX Intel chipsets, the 945G, does not have Quad-Core support (never understood why, really... :()

Cheers.

Miguel

P.S.: Sorry for the OT.

I investigated this case a bit amongst others for my upcoming build. Its a cool looking case if you want a different looking tower, but I decided its really quite large even compared to some of the larger sff cases. And if I was going to sacrifice small size for large size I would want it to support a full atx board, which it doesn't. Overall I want a semi-portable sff case, even if quite heavy, and this one is just too bulky/jumbo. I think its the fat width that kills it.

1027.jpg

Back