New mATX case from NZXT

'99

Weaksauce
I found this nice case on some german sites, but it is’nt listed on NZXT own site. But it looks interesting.

1_m.jpg

thats been posted before it was previewed on some website I would have to digg it up, but yes its not a case in production yet to my understanding.

I have been looking at this case for a while now. It looks like it has a lot of nice features. From the German websites, it looks like it should be out sometime next month. Also, looks like you can pre-order it from a few German stores. I did read somewhere that is should be released in America shortly after. I would love to see a review of this case and/or the inside.

Two fans on it's side? Hmmmm... I wonder what it has for exhaust? Assuming that those fans are intakes.

* Mass: 368 x 278.2 x 421.2 mm (BxHxT)
* Main board: Micro ATX
* Material: Aluminum
* Weight: approx. 9,20kg
* Exhaust:
o Back: 1x 120mm LED exhaust
o Side part: 2x 120mm exhaust
o Side part: 2x 120mm exhaust (optional)
* Drive assemblies:
o 2x 5,25 " (externally)
o 1x 3,5 " (externally)
o 4x 3,5 " (internally)
* 4 extension-guide
* Price: approx. 150 euro

More pictures:

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_753&products_id=7135

Mass: 368 x 278.2 x 421.2 mm (BxHxT)

For us Americans thats: 14.72" x 11.13" x 16.85"

The two 120mm fans are exhaust and the rear 120mm fan exhausts too? Hmmm... Not sure I like that setup. I think I'd rather have the two side fans as intake and the rear be the exhaust but thats just me. I see it has a top window too. I think I'd rather have a solid top with a handle but again thats just me. Too bad they dont show a good internal view of the case.

Those fans on the side, makes me wonder, if it would fit a dual rad for watercooling..

/99-Dk

Hey Guys,
I was just browsing the net for Rogue comments and i landed here so i can definitely help clear up some of those questions for you. The case has dual intakes from the left and 3 120mm exhausts by the cpu. So basically the air blows over your GPU and then the rear and other 2 120mm fans on the right exhaust the hot air from the CPU. The case is heavy mainly due to the 3mm and 2mm thick Aluminum we used on the chassis. Our original design idea was to build the ultimate lan box, a durable, rugged m-atx chassis thats basically the jack of all trades. It's about 20-30% bigger than the biggest m-atx chassis on the market so users have to keep in mind for space. IMO, the 8800GTX capability ( someone make a dual 16X mobo!! ), Aluminum body, lan strap, 4 HDD, and cooling is the strength of this chassis. We expect the case to do well in the European market ( 5000 man lans.. it's crazy! ), but i don't know how much people here in the States will like it. Let me know if you guys got any other questions.

PS. I tested the Swiftech 120.2mm rad in the side panel, it fits! but you will need to drill some holes for the screws. The other thing is that you may need to sacrifice some space over the slots 3 and 4 for the 120mm fans.

Johnny H.
Product Manager
NZXT Team.

Damn, ..........and I just bought new case too...... sucks.

NZXT_Dood - I really like this case. When are you going to sell this in States? How much?
and pictures of inside?(matters most as I want to put TR Ultra 120 Extreme without any mod)

I was going to build ATX quad core PC but this got me rethink back to MATX. :)

Thanks

It says 9,2kg on that page... a bit heavy i would say...

As much as the steel Lanbox...
(matters most as I want to put TR Ultra 120 Extreme without and mod)
Never going to happen. Maybe the Ultra90/Ultima 90, but the 120 is huge like an xbox. Where would your power supply go? (unless I'm misjudging the size of the case)

As much as the steel Lanbox...
Never going to happen. Maybe the Ultra90/Ultima 90, but the 120 is huge like an xbox. Where would your power supply go? (unless I'm misjudging the size of the case)

Hmmmm It seems very doable to me considering it's 2.13" taller, 4.52" wider and 2.85" deeper than Qpack that I have(and almost as big as Yeong Yang YY-0221 that I have). Also looking at very limited number of pictures that are available, location of PSU and Rear 120mm fan that will be next to CPU is at identical location as Qpack too. So, seems to me Ultra 120 Extreme is very doable but again I can't say for sure without looking at inside layout. I would have loved even more if this is bigger or NZXT make ATX version of this also so I have more option for mobo to OC(Me=Cube lover). :D Well, at least if TRUE fits in this case, this would be King of case to OC MATX with 5 available 120mm fan(6 if you count PSU)+8800 exhaust fan mixed with Gigabyte DS2R and Quad Core. This set up would be very good positive pressure case. 4 side 120mm for intake and 1 rear 120mm+120mm PSU+8800 fan that exhaust. I think I just solved heat issue already if I get this case lol. I think I'm gonna dump CSF-1630B(This thing is like 6 times bigger than Rogue) that I just got :( and go this route with Q9450 coming next Jan. :)

Hey Guys,
I was just browsing the net for Rogue comments and i landed here so i can definitely help clear up some of those questions for you. The case has dual intakes from the left and 3 120mm exhausts by the cpu. So basically the air blows over your GPU and then the rear and other 2 120mm fans on the right exhaust the hot air from the CPU. The case is heavy mainly due to the 3mm and 2mm thick Aluminum we used on the chassis. Our original design idea was to build the ultimate lan box, a durable, rugged m-atx chassis thats basically the jack of all trades. It's about 20-30% bigger than the biggest m-atx chassis on the market so users have to keep in mind for space. IMO, the 8800GTX capability ( someone make a dual 16X mobo!! ), Aluminum body, lan strap, 4 HDD, and cooling is the strength of this chassis. We expect the case to do well in the European market ( 5000 man lans.. it's crazy! ), but i don't know how much people here in the States will like it. Let me know if you guys got any other questions.

PS. I tested the Swiftech 120.2mm rad in the side panel, it fits! but you will need to drill some holes for the screws. The other thing is that you may need to sacrifice some space over the slots 3 and 4 for the 120mm fans.

Johnny H.
Product Manager
NZXT Team.

Do you have any pictures form the inside of the case? would like to see that watercooling project.

Lian Li A05B.

Thanks. But I think you missed little detail. ME=CUBE LOVER :D

Cases that I have. X-Qpack, YY-0221 and CSF-1630. Can you tell my taste? lol

But I'm bit concerned about so much opening though. It's not good for quite computing. If it had detachable cover or optional cover on side with opening on the edges like P180 to block direct sound coming out from inside that would attract people who want quite computer too(I'm sure SPCR would love that). That and ATX version + enough space to accommodate best air cooler out there would have been Ultimate case for me since it also has clean front panel. Man, I'm so picky. :D

Also I think it's gonna look good to polish silver one or silver front and side panel of silver and black one. I would just get one though but that's just me.

I want this case... plain and simple. This would make a great foundation for my next project. Question is, when and where can I get one?

The case must be strong like all the Lianli cases.

I would like to see the inside of the case too.

2mm and 3mm. I'm definitely getting this case unless quality isn't there like some panels falling off or something lol

That and ATX version + enough space to accommodate best air cooler out there would have been Ultimate case for me since it also has clean front panel.

Yeah. But that would make it huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueg. Might as well get a Mountain Mods case while you're at it. Or fabricating your own...

Besides, unless you're making a 12" square case, an ATX SFF case would be rectangular.

Yeah. But that would make it huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueg. Might as well get a Mountain Mods case while you're at it. Or fabricating your own...

Besides, unless you're making a 12" square case, an ATX SFF case would be rectangular.

lol can't be bigger than CSF-1630.
size wise not really as there are people who have modded their X-Qpack to accommodate ATX with no change in exterior size of the case. It just have to be about 60mm wider than X-Qack to accommodate fans on both side. Also, even though I like cube cases, it doesn't have to be square. it could be little rectangular case like X-Qpack. I'm not real fan of MM, I like factory look not some flexi-glass slapped together lol. and Yes I could fabricate one but I just don't have time. If I'm single I could but with wife, daughter and soon to be my son coming in end of Nov. or early Dec. I really can't. I wanted to make case with wood and piano black finish that is cube, clean(no drives), dead quite and great airflow that is little bigger than YY-0221 but I can't. Maybe when my children is old enough and I have time, I'll go back to drawing board and make one. :) Did I mention I'm picky??? :D

Hey again guys,
Just wanted help answer some questions:
1. The case is mostly heavy due to the thick aluminum construction
2. The case is expected to come out early November at a price of $149. I know it's high but considering features and materials i think most people understand why it's priced higher. We tried our best to lower the cost for end users.
3. ATX version of this chassis, we're looking into it ;) looks like the width still needs to be increased by at least 15% to get the entire MB inside with ample space.
4. One last feature i forgot to mention on this case is that it comes with a bracket for the PSU if it's too large ( it'll fit all 500W power supplies on the market ), for example.. if you somehow need a 750W PSU
5. We just got the first 2 samples of the chassis in our labs today, just finished taking photos, i'm going to have to check with PR to see if i can sneak some pictures in for you guys :)

Johnny H.
Product Manager
NZXT Team

Hey again guys,
Just wanted help answer some questions:
1. The case is mostly heavy due to the thick aluminum construction
2. The case is expected to come out early November at a price of $149. I know it's high but considering features and materials i think most people understand why it's priced higher. We tried our best to lower the cost for end users.
3. ATX version of this chassis, we're looking into it ;) looks like the width still needs to be increased by at least 15% to get the entire MB inside with ample space.
4. One last feature i forgot to mention on this case is that it comes with a bracket for the PSU if it's too large ( it'll fit all 500W power supplies on the market ), for example.. if you somehow need a 750W PSU
5. We just got the first 2 samples of the chassis in our labs today, just finished taking photos, i'm going to have to check with PR to see if i can sneak some pictures in for you guys :)

Johnny H.
Product Manager
NZXT Team

Hi! Johnny,

1. That's good I don't like thin aluminum like X-Qpack. I like X-Qpack case but little flimsy and thicker is better for silencing PC. Thumbs up for this!!

2. $149 seems reasonable. I would rather pay more for quality/solid case than pay less and settle less. but cheaper the better. :)

3. ATX version. Is it in process already or are you going to look in to it for possibility of manufacturing it since you are getting feedback like mine?

4. Great!! no limit on PSU. Another Thumbs up!!

5. B1tch slap them, kick their behind, smack their head and/or choke them!! Do whatever you have to do to get pictures on here ASAP. lol :p

I've never bought NZXT product before nor did I care to check your product but now cause of this, I think I'll keep my eye on NZXT from now on and I'll be one of first one to get this case if it turns out as nice as it looks so far. ;)

thanks for the feedback HaxEJxuK, the ATX case is just a concept right now and not in production. We really have to study the market as to how many people will buy an ATX cube-style chassis. It's my job to keep up with what the consumers want so i'm always roaming around the forums reading people's feedback and criticism on our cases. As for kicking the PR team around... i'm going to have to think about that one... :D

Think about kicking thing again when you get stressed from work. ;) As far as ATX goes, I wish but doubt that there's big market for it though. Time to time when I search for cube cases, I really don't see many new things. Sure there are people like me but I don't think there are enough to be profitable. I like YY-0221 that I have but with quad core that I want to build I want to have TRUE but YY-0221 is not wide enough to accommodate that. At least not on motherboard side. I'm still going to hope for it though. If by remote possibility that it makes to market and it is quality/solid built, you can count on me to get one too. maybe I'll mirror finish MATX and get black one for ATX. :D

Thank you for posting the latest on this case NZXT_Dood . I would like to see some pictures of the case. Specifically I am looking for multiple angles of the inside with and without a motherboard installed.

These are the first interior shots on the net :) I'm going to try and post a little each day before our official launch either friday of this week or next Monday. More to come tomorrow.....

1.JPG

2.JPG

Nice NZXT_Dood, looking forward to see some more shoots, maybe more of the inside.

:( This shot doesn't look good to me. It doesn't seem to have enough space to accommodate TRUE facing exhaust fan in rear. Good possibility facing TRUE towards video card would work though. It will most likely work but I can do same thing with Qpack with little mod. :( I have to see more pictures say this for sure but it would have been better if Mobo tray sits more left veiwing from back and PSU it's more to right so that it has more options for HS or even direction of HS. Thanks for pictures and post more please. :D

P.S. looking at all the pictures I've seen so far, this case looks very solid and well built. Thumbs up!!!

PSU over the PCI spots is perfect!! That makes tower coolers doable! It is the Lian Li V350 without the good looks with space for tower heat sinks!

I have an uATX mobo, but was not satified with the SG01. So I wanted to wait for the Lian Li V350 wich can accomodate a Scythe Mini Ninja. But I would have to mod it to have an exhaust for the HR03+.

My alternative was the PC-A05 from Lian Li, which I have also looked hard on. Also here is a top fan mod neccecary. (I have modded my SUGO, but it would be nice to at least once buy a case without hacking it to pieces with the dremel first thing when you open the box ;) )

The downside:
BIG deal breaker for me ,'bling'. Come on, I mean, if someone wants to have LED fans they can just buy and install?

As I am partly silence nut, in the end I don't think this is the case for me. But then again, preserving airflow and having low noise in an SFF is virtually impossible (for me, the biggest source of noise is the HDD).

Ahh. Ohh.

Well, how is the lighting achieved then? Cold Catodes preinstalled? Leds?
Please tell me :) It is between this one and the PC-A05. Style versus performance...

( yeah yeah, I know. I like it clean. How about some shots without the lighting? )

I it nice to have an "official" to hype it up :)

Oh, and I just ordered a NH-U12F from Noctua. It was a demo product so it was 70% off. By the looks, I would say a 155 mm cooler would fit.

The two lines in the front are LEDs so they will be there. The circles on the side are from LED fans ( not standard ). The rear 120mm however is red or blue to achieve the lighting inside the chassis.

If anyone cares for it, we're running a Contest to giveaway the Rogue that ends in about 1 week. :)

Yeah, I saw that one but no way I can get it right. lol Only way I get this case is hard cash way. :p

Damn guys. The only way this thing comes close to my Lanbox is the cooling capability.

I don't know... I'd have a real hard time deciding between this and the Lanbox, if it came out earlier. Not sure I'd give up my windows and green cathodes for that, but an Ultima 90 would sure be nice.

Good job NZXT. Now make the Lexa in Black and Aluminium. Don't be like Thermaltake. (while you're at it, do red cathodes, black interior, and whatnot. Make it a P182SE-class case.)

thanks for the feedback HaxEJxuK, the ATX case is just a concept right now and not in production. We really have to study the market as to how many people will buy an ATX cube-style chassis. It's my job to keep up with what the consumers want so i'm always roaming around the forums reading people's feedback and criticism on our cases. As for kicking the PR team around... i'm going to have to think about that one... :D
I'd buy one. It's what I have been asking for since I bought an ARIA. ATX fits in current cubes – why not? Get creative, but keep it the same size.

Back