New Mario?

I did notice that on the opening screen it says "2005 Nintendo". Not sure if that means anything though.

it looks freaking awesome. it's got a lot of the best elements from previous mario games, and check out the scans in that link that inotocracy provided. wall jumping? hanging off of cliffs? giant mario? i might have to steal my girlfriend's DS. she can play with her virtual dogs some other time.

OT, but did anybody else notice that the person playing mario in that video was quite possibly one of the worst mario players ever? "mushroom...aw dang, lost it...fire flower...aw dang, lost it..."

No, I promise I am much much MUCH worse. For some reason I simply can not play 2D side scrolling platformers anymore. I am absolutely terrible, and Mario games I suck at the most. :(

Yeah, it's definitely real... actually, it was shown (announced?) at the original DS unvieling/launch. It's a SideScrolling 3D game... very much like that new MegaMan Hunter X for PSP - where it's a sidescroller, but the characters and items are polygonal...

VERY interesting indeed.

peace,
OriginalOCer

DS's are cool for this reason alone. I am interested, but only because its a cheaper handheld.

Man... this sucks. I thought I was over the handheld shit but I have been waiting for a ne sidescroller. I am hooked. Looks like I'll be getting one of these now. WEEEEEEE

The GBA, and now the DS, are the home of sidescrollers and great games that focus on gameplay in general. Castlevania for the DS was outstanding too, and the Sonic game on the DS (much like the original Sonic games on the Genesis) is the only place you can find him in fast 2D now. Definately pick up a DS.

This game will also have simulataneous co-op (i.e. Mario and Luigi working together at once), and there are some rumours floating around that it will be playable on Nintendo's Wifi internet connection as well, so this is definately one of the BIG titles I'm looking forward to this year! 2D sidescroller mario = know your roots!

ScotteusMaximus said:
OT, but did anybody else notice that the person playing mario in that video was quite possibly one of the worst mario players ever? "mushroom...aw dang, lost it...fire flower...aw dang, lost it..."

lol yeah. Watching the video I was thinking the exact same thing.The player tried so hard to get that fire flower, only to have it stripped away within seconds.

As for the game, it does look quite fun. I've been considering picking up a DS for some time now. I get one every now and then, but don't actualy have one of my own. This may very well put me over the edge. I mean we still pull out the old NES for some Mario 3 fun every now and then when I'm at university, so the side scrolling Mario must have some life left in him.

Back