New m.2 not found

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
So i installed a new ssd wd 2tb sn850x on my asus x670e-e board it has 4 slots for ssd my main samsung 980 drive with the os system is in slot 1 i have an older intel in slot 2, and the new one is in slot 3 so under my computer local disk c shows up (samsung) and drive d shows up (intel) but not the new drive, i went into the bios and under data storage it list all 3 then next to it were u can swap drives it only shows the 2. what am i doing wrong?

sorry guys that i did not know to check there i am not too good with computers but yes i opened disk mang. and a little window comes up it says you must initialize a disk before logical disk mang. can access it.
then, disk 1 is checked and under that it says use the following partition style for the selected disk
mbr
gpt
so my goal is with this new 2 tb drive is to copy my main 1tb drive on to this one cause i am running out of spaces on my main drive so which dtyle should i pick ? thanks!!!

format it however it defaults and then just move stuff off the 1tb. it will be easier that way. unless you know how to clone a drive...

format it however it defaults and then just move stuff off the 1tb. it will be easier that way. unless you know how to clone a drive...
it defaluts to gpt and i would like to get clone it cause it has my os on there, is there an easy way to clone ?

i clicked on gpt hit next that box went away but still does not show under my computer is there something else i must do? it shows in disk mang. as disk 1 basic 1863.00gb, then in the big box it says 1863.00 unallocated.
i did restart after i clicked on gpt and hit next, incase u need to know disk 0 is my main and disk 2 in my intel the back up.. thanks

i think i did it i right clicked on something it said make simple and i didnt see the rest i gave it a name and a letter e.. is there a program to clone it or i can do it under windows?

quick ? i have it all set up to go in aomei but right before i click start a window pops up and warns u that all the data will be wiped out from my original drive, but i did not want that i wanted to use that drive in another system, is it possible not to loose all the data ?
or another way or program so this does not happen?

i wanted to use that drive in another system, is it possible not to loose all the data ?
You want to use the original drive, with Windows OS and all the programs, etc. still intact, in another system?
While you can clone a system ("C") drive, it's only useful in the exact same computer. Because of the way Windows works, you can't clone a system drive and insert it in a new computer with different hardware components.

You want to use the original drive, with Windows OS and all the programs, etc. still intact, in another system?
While you can clone a system ("C") drive, it's only useful in the exact same computer. Because of the way Windows works, you can't clone a system drive and insert it in a new computer with different hardware components.
he just wants to reuse the drive in a different system BUT transplanting the os will work fine with 10/11. a few reboots and its gtg.

quick ? i have it all set up to go in aomei but right before i click start a window pops up and warns u that all the data will be wiped out from my original drive, but i did not want that i wanted to use that drive in another system, is it possible not to loose all the data ?
make sure you select the 1tb as the source and the 2tb as the target and then read the warning closer.

Back