New Logo Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaer42

Limp Gawd
My company is running a small contest for a new logo. Your art work will be shown on the page, as well as on every dvd we make and on every film we make. You will also recieve a free copy of all the films we currenly have finished and on Dvd (approx 8 films). To find out more please visit:
Http://www.archonfilms.com

Submissions must be in jpg format, and no bigger than 640 by 480.

If you are interested please send all submissions to
[email protected]

Good luck

Awsome...I checked out some of your films and they're pretty cool. I'll see if I cant make up a nice logo for ya...

is there anything specific you want from the logo?

like a certain background color? a certain image or theme to be incoporated? colors?

edit: added logo. i dont know if you would consider this one 'nice' but it kept me busy for a little while...enjoy!

http://www.bromidic.com/images/logo.gif

not simple but...

arcon.jpg

Both of those look great, I'll add them to the contest page so that everyone can see them.

As for your question about anything specific I would rather see ideas without any guidance as they would be better looking then if I gave you specific guidelines besides the ones I already did. Just have fun with it.

Good luck

Site: http://www.archonfilms.com
e-mail: [email protected]

if its for a comapny logo
isnt a jpeg the worst medium
surely it out to be vector
ie no hassle resising

ur kinda limiting ur options with such small jpegs

whats the deadline on this? My creating computer is down. I would love to enter.

That is a good point. The file format could be .gif, jpg etc just as long as I can view it. The problem was that when I had origionaly run this contest, I was getting Paintshop and photoshop and Illustrator formated pictures and I dont use photoshop or Illustrator.

So Ill correct that on my site and allow for standard format pictures. The size however has to stay since it limits the file size and will already be the correct size for video output.

Thanks for the submissions, so far they have been great:)

For more info contact us at
site: www.archonfilms.com
aol: magnuslee42

The deadline is febuary 28th because we will be choosing the logo on the 29th.

Good luck!

hang on... i thought you said the MAX size was 640x480... is it actually HAVE to be that big? or can we go smaller like i did? if i'm wrong, lemme know and i'll re-do/re-size accordingly
-§agar-

it is but its not in a 4x3 ratio as per what would go on tv... its squished and loox like ass... just askin' to see if i need to modify.

yeah, the one i submitted doesnt look all that great on the page either, i am assuming that those are just thumbnails and he will resize whichever he chooses so that it displays correctly...ie, maybe not display it full screen(4:3) on video.

The images are displayed on my page in a 4x3 ratio so as to keep the page uniform. It would be best to keep all submissions at 640x480, however with submissions, like the ones I have recieved, that are smaller, they can be fixed via a black background at 640x480. So if you want to fix it up thats cool, but not necessary. So far I have really liked the ones that I have recieved.

If you have any more questions please contact me via
site: http://www.archonfilms.com
aol: magnuslee42

Thanks, and Good luck to you all.

Heres my go at it, ill cook up some more soon, colors are changeable, let me know what you like about what I have.

archonfilmslogos.gif

Again you evil temporal fiends gobble up my time when I should
be hard at work making PowerPoint slides! :D

Oh well ... here's another quicky:

Archon.jpg

All the logos look great so far. We have had a few people vote on the logos. Keep sending them. If anyone would like to we are now accepting animations as well, as we will need one for the intro to our films.

woo this is still going...for some reason when Sagar1586 posted I thought it was over. I guess from now on I need to look my carefully who says what.

A small, jerky, and BADLY compressed clip. (2.6MB)

Here

The gist of it I think comes through though, one could always
render it more high res with better DivX compression. ;)

Looks like a lot of you like to use Photoshop to do your logos.

I'm not sure how many of you are studying art in school, but what I've learned about doing logos, is that they should work in color, and plain black and white ( no gradients )

Also they should be legiable when sized down to fit on a business card.

When I get home I'll consider doing a logo, usually logos take a while, thumbnails, roughs, etc take a long time. :)

i'm not an art fag, and never plan on designing logos...i just do this for shits and giggles.

Bromide, What program do you use to make the effect you had in your video. I would like to use that.

As for the video format, any generic format will do except real player because real player is a real pain to conver to anything.

So, mpg, avi, mov, swf <although if you could convert the swf to an avi It would be appreciated> are all acceptable.

What we have decided on doing here at Archon films is to do another contest once this one is over for an opening video. So keep up the good work on the logos.

Originally posted by Lord Hyperion
A small, jerky, and BADLY compressed clip. (2.6MB)

Here

The gist of it I think comes through though, one could always
render it more high res with better DivX compression. ;)
heh it crashes my winamp when i try to play it...plays fine in WMP though which is weird...looks good other than the 'jerky' that you said...

I fail to see the difference between the two.

Even according to your "urbandictionary.com" link, you're still calling the person gay, or having latent homosexual tendencies.

Even though urbandictionary.com is a joke since people make up whatever word and definition they feel like using.

Originally posted by Rocketpig
I fail to see the difference between the two.

Even according to your "urbandictionary.com" link, you're still calling the person gay, or having latent homosexual tendencies.

Even though urbandictionary.com is a joke since people make up whatever word and definition they feel like using.

yes, i realize people can make up definitions...however, if you look at the actual definition that i also posted, you will see that the actual definition has no 'gay' connotations whatsoever. infact, the only place where it has any homosexual reference on that page it reads in big letters above it 'slang'. i am sorry that your mind is set on homophobic, and i refuse to let you carry on destroying this thread anymore, so if you continue to reply i will cease to do so. i know what i meant, and i know that any person with some sense will realize that as well, which is more than enough for me.

kthxbye
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back